(Closed) HELP DECIDING-Essense D2126 in Ivory on Ivory vs Ivory on Moscato? Any pictures?

posted 4 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Ivory on Moscato OR Ivory on Ivory

Ivory Lace on Moscato

Ivory Lace on Ivory

• Post # 2
    178 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: May 2017

I’m personally a big fan of the more traditional ivory (or colors light enough to pass as ivory). I definitely think the ivory also looks beautiful on your darker skin, though the moscato looks good as well!

I tried on a Stella York in 3 colors: ivory on ivory, ivory on mink, and ivory on cafe. The cafe being very similar to the moscato, I think it looked very flattering on my super pale skin tone, with ivory lace still making the dress look traditional. 

To make a long story longer, I think either dress would look goregous, but ivory on ivory I think would look stunning with your skintone and retain a sense of ‘traditional’ πŸ™‚

By The Way beautiful dress!!! The more I see these dresses with lovely illusion necklines, the more I wish my dress had one!! lol

Post # 3
    483 posts
    Helper bee

I voted for the ivory, but I had a hard time deciding between them. I think both colours would look lovely on you

Post # 4
    6296 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: November 2009 - New York, NY

Both are gorgeous, but to me, the ivory on ivory has the edge

Post # 7
    469 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2018

Ivory on ivory. I think the contrast to your skin tone is much prettier 

Post # 8
    301 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2017

Ivory on ivory

Post # 9
    4093 posts
    Honey bee

That must be one of the most beautiful wedding dresses ever made! I LOVE it! I think the moscarto is beautiful but I am sure the ivory would be too and I think the over riding  conern should be the colour that best suits your skin tone. I can’t directly help you but just wanted to compliment you on a wonderful dress find.

Post # 11
    138 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: May 2015

Ivory on ivory is the winner for me πŸ™‚

Post # 12
    2 posts
    Wannabee

Omg I have the same struggle! I bought this essence of australia dreas in moscato/ivory about a month ago but I’ve been thinking that even though the moscato dress is beautodul, it’s not really weddingy. I’m afraid I’ll regret this decision in the future, plus you can’t go wrong with ivory! So I’ll try to change the color for ivory, hopefully I can still do it πŸ™ It was supposed to take 4 months to be ready so maybe I still have a chance if the bridal shop decides to help me out!!! Lol

Post # 14
    2 posts
    Wannabee

View original reply
    heathenibis :  My idea was to go to the other bridal shop just to try on the ivory on ivory and then decide whether I want to change it or not. The essence of australia website says that only two bridal shops have the dress around me (I’m in Boston, MA), one is the bridal shop I got my dress and I called the other one and asked specifically for the D2126 dress and was told they don’t have it. I’m so confused right now, part of me wants to change to Ivory and the other part is fraid it would look as nice as the moscato dress. The day I bought the dress they only had it in moscato, they even tried to put a small ivory piece of linen underneath the tulle but it didn’t really give me an idea of what the dress would look if it was entirely ivory. I like the idea you had, so basically you’re gonna have a moscato linen on an ivory tulle, is that right? And did you have to buy the moscato linen? I’m afraid that would cost lots of money to alter the linen of the dress πŸ™ 

My email is [email protected], I would love to see the pics of the ivory dress on you!!! Thank you very much! πŸ™‚

The topic ‘HELP DECIDING-Essense D2126 in Ivory on Ivory vs Ivory on Moscato? Any pictures?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors