(Closed) HELP! Should I stick with my 1.55 solitaire or go up to a 2 carat?

posted 6 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
1710 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2013 - Walt Disney World

Your ring is beautiful…don’t change a thing!

Post # 4
4062 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Keep what you have 

Post # 5
4284 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Keep what you have, your ring is absolutely gorgeous!

Post # 6
1698 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I don’t know if a jeweler could get a larger stone set in that setting, if you upgraded the stone you’d likely have to upgrade the setting too, and if you are sentimental about that, well, I’d say don’t upgrade.

Some things tend to be a “mind clean” issue however, and if you don’t think you’ll ever be happy with your ring until the center stone is 2ct, and you can afford the upgrade, then by all means go for it!

Post # 7
1531 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

Oh WOW! I think you have the perfect ring! I wouldn’t change a thing. “Shrinkage” happens. Take your ring off for a day or two (if possible – lol) and you’ll notice when you put it back on, it’s back to it’s normal size. – weird but true.

Post # 8
4713 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 1998

Keep what you have

Post # 9
177 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

I agree with a PP that you’d probably have to change the whole setting to fit a 2 ct.

Your ring is unbelievable and looks amazing on you, but if you can’t get over that it isn’t a 2 ct and can easily afford to upgrade, then by all means do it. Think about it for a while and then decide, you might end up liking the 1.55 ct!

Post # 10
3618 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I would keep what you have. Your ring is stunnin. But if you have the means and it would make you sleep better at night then by all means get the 2ct.

Post # 11
1024 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I thnk you’re seeing things!! Your ring is huge!!

Post # 12
2050 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@mvmvang:  I’m the SAME WAY!  I just got a 1.35 (I wish I had gotten a 1.5 or a 2).  If you trade up, gimme that 1.5! πŸ˜‰

But seriously, I think that ring looks great on you.  I was thinking of going up to a 1.75 actually, but the fellow bees talked me out of it.  Fiance said we can do it on our first wedding anniversary.  πŸ™‚

Post # 13
1418 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

You have already upgraded from a .86 to a 1.55… that is a huge jump. Upgrading to a 2ct isn’t going to be THAT big of a difference. Honestly, your ring is huge, if you go any bigger it will look like a cocktail ring IMO. Obviously, some people like that type of look, but it’s not for me. Essentially, it’s your ring, but since you’re asking for opinions I say leave it alone. If you want your stone to look bigger, get a setting with a narrow band instead of what you have now.

Post # 14
2808 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

You should absolutely upgrade.

….and then send that ring to me Laughing

For real though, your ring is beautiful! You may not even see that big of a difference between 1.5 and 2.

Post # 15
287 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I think the center stone and halo is perfect on you! However the band is a little thick and detracts from the center stone. Maybe a thinner and more delicate shank would show off the center stone and halo better.

The topic ‘HELP! Should I stick with my 1.55 solitaire or go up to a 2 carat?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors