(Closed) HELP! Should I stick with my 1.55 solitaire or go up to a 2 carat?

posted 9 years ago in Rings
Post # 17
6317 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2013

@mvmvang:  It looks big enough to me, but you should do what makes you happy. What does your SO/husband think of this, though? A good quality 1.5 is a lot less costly than a good quality 2 ct.

Post # 18
1051 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I say keep what you have, it’s gorgeous!!! And looks plenty big to me!

Another thing to take into consideration would be, would your future hubby be offended, considering you’ve already upgraded his original pick for you once? And now you want to do it again!!!

Post # 20
1877 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2018

Oh, I wanted to add, that it probably would overshadow the halo a lot.  I think it’s pretty close to doing that now.  But in a good way currently.  I think upgrading to the 2 would defeat the purpose of your halo and it wouldn’t be visible.

Post # 21
1332 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

it already looks huge. i vote leave it alone

Post # 22
1043 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I too would keep it the way it is.

Because your setting is busy, it’s quite hard to distinguish between the center stone and the setting.  I don’t think a 2ct would make you notice the center diamond any more, and, IMO, borderlines on looking like a cocktail ring.  I personally like when the center stone is highlighted more.

Post # 23
1193 posts
Bumble bee

Keep what you have. It looks good on your finger. Save the upgrade for later in life. You don’t need 2 huge upgrades this early on in being married when your ring is beautiful the way it is now.

Post # 24
1677 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

It looks big and very beautiful already. Keep it.

Post # 25
12307 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Have you considered changing the setting so that it wasn’t so wide – I think that would make your diamond really pop and look larger than if you upgraded to a 2ct.

Post # 27
Hostess
7941 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

I have an over 2 carat center stone with halo and I love it. I absolutely do not think it overshadows the halo but rather they compliment each other very nicely.

That being said I think your ring is lovely as is and is certainly large enough with lots of finger coverage. I agree with the other bees that you might have to change your setting entirely for a 2 carat stone.

Let us know what you decide. 🙂

Post # 28
1231 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

Looks great on you, but a 2 carat would look great, too – so do whatever you want! I agree with the other ladies who have said it already: you may have to change your setting to accomodate a 2 carat. If you feel like you will always want a 2 carat stone and you can afford to do it/your husband is behind it, go for it! Or you could always sleep on the idea for awhile and get a new setting with a 2 carat for a future holiday or anniversary.

Post # 29
5317 posts
Bee Keeper

Your diamond seems very large to me! I wouldn’t suggest going larger.

Post # 30
59 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

Your diamonlok looks a perfect size for your finger! So pretty!

Post # 31
962 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@Treejewel19:  Your setting is gorgeous, as always!! I think some bees meant that since her halo is lower, at the base of the ring, (as opposed to yours where it is closer to the top of the diamond) the two carat would literally cover it.

The topic ‘HELP! Should I stick with my 1.55 solitaire or go up to a 2 carat?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors