(Closed) HELP! Should I stick with my 1.55 solitaire or go up to a 2 carat?

posted 9 years ago in Rings
Post # 32
14 posts
Newbee

I have ring envy towards your ring. It’s beautiful!

Post # 33
1234 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I don’t think there will be a very big difference between the 1.5 and the 2 ct.  I love your ring and I think that it looks stunning on your finger 🙂

Post # 34
1000 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

@mvmvang:  You should keep it as is 🙂 That’s a beautiful ring!  I think the proportions are perfect for a halo.  I would normally suggest to go for the bigger one, but this size is perfect for your setting.

Post # 35
8700 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2013

We have about the same finger coverage, and I CONTANTLY get people gushing about my “big ring”! If you want a 2, go for it! But what you have is STUNNING!

Post # 36
510 posts
Busy bee

@mvmvang:  I don’t think there is much size difference between the two, but if you want to upgrade so you can tell people you have a 2 ct, then go for it. 

Post # 37
880 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

keep it! it looks very big!!

Post # 38
1608 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

I say keep what you have. That size looks perfect on your hand! 

Post # 39
267 posts
Helper bee

@GelaMac:  yep….to my opinion the ring is already a bit big on your finger.

Post # 40
157 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

Don’t go bigger! The ring is the perfect size for your hand I feel like if you were to upsize it would be overwhelming and a little like costume jewelery. It looks absolutely stunning as is!

Post # 41
2500 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: County courthouse

1.50ct looks great on your hand. if u did end up getting a 2ct..it might overwhelm your side stones. either one would look gorgeous.

Post # 42
1455 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

I like the look of the ring with the current sized stone. If you go bigger, it will alter the look. Maybe that’s what you want, but it’s so absolutely decadent now, I would think twice before changing the diamond.

Post # 43
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Amoungst my friends, my ring is big, and I’m pretty sure it’s less than a carat. 

I say enjoy what you have. Bigger is not always better. 

<3

Post # 44
1334 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

I think you should stick with the 1.55. It’s an amazing size and from what I found with anything bigger than a 1.5, I feel like it starts to become a bother when you’re wearing it because it snags, or it constantly needs to be twirled around if you’re putting your hand in a jacket pocket or something.

The topic ‘HELP! Should I stick with my 1.55 solitaire or go up to a 2 carat?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors