Post # 1
To make a long story short we’re scheduled to be married June 9, 2012. We’ve been talking about chinging our date to September-October. Here are the reasons why:
-His brother is being deployed next week and won’t be back until fall.
-The church I REALLY want is booked until August. We settled on another one, however it’s not quite working out. So if we change I can have the one I REALLY want.
-My cousin is getting married June 8, 2012, the night before mine in Vegas and most of my Mom’s family is going to that one. Our family is small enough the last thing I need is people having to choose. (Even though we planned first!).
-I hate my photographer and I’m stuck with him right now, but Fiance says if we change we’ll eat our deposit and book someone else.
-My best friend and FI’s best friend just announed they are divorcing and they are part of the wedding party. So there goes them.
Here’s the problem– we already sent save the dates. What do I do?! No one has booked at our hotel yet, they were just sent 3 weeks ago. Is it rude to change the date now?
Post # 3
I think that you should absolutely change it! Like you say, no one has booked hotels yet and I think if anything they will be so happy not having to worry about choosing which wedding to go to! I think you should just send out a new save the date 🙂 Do what is best for YOU – you seem so happy at the idea of changing it 🙂 It’s a win/win!
Post # 4
- Wedding: April 2012 - St. Philip Catholic Church/Arcadia Brewing Co.
I think you could push it back. Just send a cute little card out saying “we’re pushing it back” with a cartoon of people pushing something. (Or something like that.)
Best of luck!
Post # 5
Thanks ladies! I felt like such a terrible annoying person changing it, but I love the cartoon save the date correction, so cute!!
Post # 6
If I was in your shoes, no, I would not change it.
If Fiance is OK with losing the deposit for the photog, why not just lose the deposit, keep your date the same & find a new photog?
But, I think from your post you have already made your decision. 🙂 And no, it’s not rude to change your date, just be sure to let people know before they book travel/ take days off work.
Post # 7
sounds like you have lots of reasons to change, and few to stay with your date. i think you should just send change the date cards and go for the fall wedding.
Post # 8
- Wedding: March 2012 - Pelican Grand Beach Resort
Change it and send out new save-the-dates with a note that the date had to be changed and you apologize for any inconvenience.
Post # 9
- Wedding: July 2013 - Four Rivers Environmental Center
Sounds like a good idea to me with your reasons! Besides fall weddings are BEAUTIFUL.
If it weren’t for my fiance still being in school we would have definitely done that instead of summer!
Post # 11
Unfortunately we tried to find a new photographer but everyone that we did like was booked! 🙁 Fiance gets out of work early tomorrow so we’re Gonna have a long sit down chat and decide what to do.