(Closed) Help! Starting at 3:30 and have to end by 10pm. What would you do?

posted 4 years ago in Logistics
Post # 2
2166 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Our wedding was 5-10pm and we had all the same events in our wedding timeline. 

3:30-4 Ceremony

4-5 cocktail hour/photos for you and whoever

5-5:15 grand enterance 

5:15-5:20 First dance 

5:20-5:40 speeches (could be longer ours was a bit) 

5:40-6:40 dinner 

i would suggest part way through dinner after everyone got food doing your father/daughter and mother/son dances

6:45 Tosses

7:00 start dancing

You can cake cut whenever during the dancing. 

You will have plenty of time trust me, even if some of said events take longer. 🙂 

Post # 3
551 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

I don’t see why you need to extend it. I think the typical reception including cocktail hour is 5 hours. And there’s really no reason your ceremony should be an hour long. I was married in a Catholic church including mass and our ceremony was shorter! So here goes:

4-4:30 Ceremony

4:30-5:30 Cocktail hour

5:30-5:40 Bridal Party Entrance

5:40-5:50 Couple enters and first dance

6:00-7:00 Dinner and speeches

6-6:05 Father/daughter dance

6:05-6:10 Mother/son dance

6:10 on – Free dance. Garter belt toss and bouquet toss can happen later in the evening

ETA: Oops, I’m a moron and started at 4 instead of 3:30 LOL, but even better! You get the idea.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by  ela0919.
Post # 5
1580 posts
Bumble bee

Our wedding ended at 10pm…we had a rented out venue that included lodging for all of our guests (approx 50 total).  The party def kept going after in the guests rooms, we heard about it the next day.  However, we went to our suite at 10pm. 

Post # 6
2506 posts
Sugar bee

dearjohnbride:  how are you doing your first dance before your grand entrance….?

Post # 8
2506 posts
Sugar bee

dearjohnbride:  ahh, sorry, totally misunderstood that. i thought that list was already in order, and you were simply asking what time to schedule everything for.

Post # 9
8971 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

dearjohnbride:  Oh, I misunderstood too and thought you were listing things out in order. FYI, it’s not a garter belt, it’s a garter. Sounds like a fun wedding, Im sure you’ll be able to fit it all in.

Post # 10
1988 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

We will have a 10pm cutoff at our venue as well. Rough timeline as planned so far:

3-3:30pm – ceremony

3:30-5 – cocktail hour

5-10 dinner + reception

10pm – reception ends, anyone who’d like to (anticipating mostly our friends, not so much family) gets transport to a bar in town nearby for an afterparty.

I think that should be plenty of time!

The topic ‘Help! Starting at 3:30 and have to end by 10pm. What would you do?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors