(Closed) HELP: Tacori 2620 center stone color

posted 7 years ago in Rings
  • poll: What is the lowest color for the center stone to match a Tacori 2620 setting?

G

H

I

J

• Post # 17
    133 posts
    Blushing bee

@planner007:  

On another note, jewelry store lighting stinks, lol.  There’s not too many times that people will be in a dim setting with overhead pin lighting.  When you narrow down your choices to the top two or three, try to hold the stones by a window as well as differently lit areas in the store.  Hopefully the place you’re planning to purchase from will also let you compare them outside in natural light.

Post # 18
    8 posts
    Newbee

@planner007:  That is the exact ring I picked out. My family friend is a jeweller so I got his advice on the diamond. As for colour and cut, those are the two options you shouldnt compromise on, clarity he said, was less important as anything VS or even a good SI shouldn’t be visable to the naked eye. That being said I would go with “G” colour as it will match the rest of the diamonds on the ring and is considered near colourless. Size is less important if price is a concern, better to have a smaller, more beautiful diamond than a larger lesser quality one. Lastly, since it is sort of a halo setting with a range of diamond sizes that it can hold, the diamond will look bigger if you get a the setting that fits the lower range size of diamond. For example: ring holds 1.20- 1.75, get the diamond that is on the smaller side, if you wanted to get a diamond that is bigger then go for the setting the next size up which is 1.75-2.25 to put a diamond that is between 1.75 and 2 carats, etc. This way more of the bloom will show and make the centre stone appear larger. Apparently the bigger the stone the more it covers part of the bloom. i am a very picky person and did a lot of research, just figured i’d share 🙂 Hope that helps!

Post # 19
    1067 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

Bluenile.com has great diamonds and lets you figure out what kind of specs you want for whatever price you can have.

You can have an SI2 that is eyeclean or a lower colored (J may be too much). But bluenile has a thing that will let you adjust and see what your options are.

Also, they’re all GIA certified!

My fiance got my diamond from there. They’ve been super great!

The topic ‘HELP: Tacori 2620 center stone color’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors