Post # 1
I don’t know what to do!! I had my heart set on a May wedding, the 7th being the first choice, and I did find one venue that I like that has that date open. Things I didn’t like about this place was the look and feel of the place as you arrived, the lack of flowers/garden, and the ceremony area was just grassy out on their large lawn without much of a backdrop. I did love that the reception room and bar have been recently renovated and look amazing.
Then today, I went to see another place and I LOVE it, its picture perfect everywhere, from garden ceremony, to the mediterrean style building, and even had a bonus outdoor covered terrace (serving as a great backup in case of rain for ceremony also. But they don’t have any Saturdays until Aug 6th. Fiance doesn’t want to wait the 3 months for a Saturday and would rather have a Sunday or Friday in May. He just doesn’t want to “wait that long” and just wants to get married and the wedding done. This place doesn’t do a Friday/Sunday discount either!
What would you do?? Go with the so-so location with the ideal date? Wait 3 months for the place you love? Or go with a Sunday wedding?
Post # 3
What’s wrong with a Friday or Sunday wedding?
Post # 4
Personally I would wait the 3 months! Your gonna want the extra time for planning too!
Post # 5
Could you do it on a long weekend Sunday in May? That way lots of people get Monday off work? That’s what SIL did but during the Sept long weekend in 2006. Everything is usually cheaper on Sundays too!
Post # 6
If you have your heart set on a May wedding, then do a Sunday wedding! I did the same, haha, I wanted a summer wedding and at the venue of my choice, there were no Saturdays available, the next free Saturday wasn’t until November 20th! HA, thats also my Birthday, so I chose a Sunday. I was hesitant at first, about having a wedding on a Sunday but its really not a big deal. People can take off from work Monday if they feel the need to.
Post # 7
If it were me, I would convince my Fiance to wait the additonal 3 months to get the venue I am in love with. My Fiance didn’t even have a say in the date. We had first decided that we wanted 9/10/11, but the venue that we wanted was way out of our budget, so I changed it to 3/31/11 so we could get a discount on the rate. We are also having our wedding on a Thursday because the cost is less. For us, our venue choice came first and the date was secondary.
Post # 8
While the venue might not give you a discount for a Friday/Sunday wedding, many other vendors (band/dj, photographers, etc) will! I say go for a Friday/Sunday wedding in May–you don’t really need the extra time to plan (unless you’re trying to save up money).
Post # 9
We moved our date to a Friday to have the location we wanted. 🙂
Post # 10
For me, the date was the most important thing–my wedding wasn’t really about where we had it; it was about taking this huge step in the presence of the most important people in our lives. So we went with the only date that worked for everyone we wanted to be there. Then I went with a venue that was available on that date, even though it didn’t fit all my ideal criteria. You’re going to remember who’s there celebrating with you, but the details of the venue will fade. However, if everyone you want in attendance can be there on all of these dates, then go ahead and get the venue you want!
Post # 11
I say absolutely go for the location on a Friday or a Sunday… if there’s a sunday on a long weekend you could do, go for that too haha! I would rather have the place I love and enjoy my pictures (thats what you will see for years to come) then to go with a so-so place just to get a saturday, then looking back at pictures without much of a backdrop. I’m a photographer, so maybe that’s why… but just my two cents!
Post # 12
Nothing is really wrong with a Sunday or Friday, it just makes it a little harder on the guests, so I was keeping that in mind. I’m gonna check on the Fri/Suns in May, problem is only the first two weekends are avail and maybe the Friday of the 19th so that one of his groomsmen can make it so the long weekend in May is already out. =( If not, then Aug it is!
Post # 13
We had our heart set on a date as well (October) and then our venue only had 2 weekends in August. So we went with August! Im so happy because I love our venue AND I cannot imagine having to wait another 2 months to get married!!!
Go with your venue – the date doesnt really matter!
Post # 14
I got married on a Monday just to be able to afford my venue. Absolutely no regrets, if I could do it all over again I’d do the same thing. Everyone who was really close to us made it regardless of the date. Some people left a little early but they all had small kids so it could’ve been the same if we did it on a Saturday. The memories I have of the day, the beauty of the venue in pictures, and my guests’ impression of the wedding will last forever.
Post # 15
I’d do a Sunday/Friday in May (personally I prefer Friday weddings). August is going to be HOT, especially if the ceremony is outside
Post # 16
I would wait the three months and get the venue you love on a Saturday (especially because they don’t do Friday/Monday discounts). But I could be biased, because we’re having a 2.5 year engagement. 🙂