Post # 1
My wedding is in 6 mths and I found out via the news today that my venue/ceremony burned to the ground I don’t know what to do! The resort hasn’t notified us yet of what will/is happening…I saw it on the news, but am expecting to hear from them in the next few days.
The resort owns another resort, but I am unsure if they will try to move us over to the other resort for our wedding..the other resort is more $$ so they may not give us that option.
I don’t know if I should start frantically trying to call around to find another venue/ceremony or wait till I hear from the resort. I booked a lot of other things already in coordination with our wedding date (of course) so now I am scared that we will lose so many things we had wanted and put deposits on ..if we have to change our wedding date as well.
My fiance is out on a military training exercise and won’t be back till early May 🙁 I can’t call him or talk to him…
Any advice? I am completely lost.
Post # 3
Give it a few days. When a few venues around here were closed after a natural disaster, they took care of it. I’m sure they have a lot going on right now.
Post # 4
@RunningSphynx: so sorry to hear that !! I saw that a venue near where my FH’s family lives burned down yesterday/day before and I can’t imagine if we’d booked there! (doesn’t happen to be Stanhope in PEI is it?)
I hope they have a solution for you and the other brides affected!! Fingers crossed for you
Post # 5
@MsGinkgo: Yes it is Stanhope! 🙁 Beautiful place!
Yea, I didn’t want to call and stress them out cause I figured losing a historic site etc…was stressful enough let alone how many brides who will be calling :
Post # 6
@RunningSphynx: Don’t panic. You’re 6 months out, not 6 days. I’m sure they’re prioritizing weddings that were due to happen in the next month or two and you’ll be hearing from them soon. Give them a couple days and try to breathe. It will be ok!!!
Post # 7
@RunningSphynx: I’m sure they are working on a plan to accommodate you, but that totally sucks!! I am really sorry to hear that, and I can’t imagine how I would feel if I were in your shoes! Hang in there and keep us updated!
Post # 8
i’m sure they’ll have a plan, the plus side is that it’s Prince Edward Island, a GORGEOUS spot full of very friendly people who will want to help you. I’m sure that you will still have an amazing wedding. It is too bad about Stanhope though – it was a beautful place!
Post # 9
@unimeg07: +1 Keep calm and Im sure everything will work out for your big day despite the change in venue
Post # 10
I just wanted to see the news story in google and I saw this:
Katelyn Hipson with Elegant Productions.
Hipson and her team are willing to help any of the 52 couples booked at Stanhope Resort, free of charge.
Post # 11
Ok guys… you are not going to believe this….seriously you are not….
I KNOW the fire was not there fault and I know these things can’t be helped, but guess what they did for me and 51 other couples – ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! Just told me they’d send me my deposit in the mail and that they had asked around the island for other vendors to give their availabilities and only one other resort had my wedding weekend available, but there was no guarantee on pricing being the same (they had said some venues were willing to match pricing but they couldn’t guarantee it).I had asked if I could arrange something with their other resort (they own a few others), but she was immediately turning my suggestion down saying at first my wedding party was too big (we had originally thought we’d have 120 people but now only have less than 70 people) and then I said our party had since decreased to less than 70 …well then her next excuse was that the resort would be closed long before my wedding for winter. Way to help us brides/grooms out eh?
The lady claimed she’d email me the information for this other resort that MIGHT be able to help us right after her and I got off the phone and she never did…and that was three days ago.
There is no point in stomping my feet and being a jerk to her since it’s not worth the battle and she doesn’t own/run the company she just does as she is told by the managers. Ironically, the people who run the resort had done an interview with CBC claiming they’d do everything possible to help brides/grooms be able to have their weddings on their dates etc. They’re a fairly big company that owns several resorts. Well I guess that was a complete BS story to feed the news cause clearly we’re all SOL!
I am beyond SCREWED! I started calling around trying to find places and no one has anything – that I have reached so far. My next idea is renting a tent but am now having to bite the bullet and dish out $$$$ for a wedding planner to help me since I have no idea what to do or call since now it appears I will need to get catering and so much more than I had originally planned. Also, this will throw us over our original budget with all these last minute things…I mean what do we do? Hold off the wedding till we get something more budget friendly or pay the extra $$$ to ensure we have the wedding for when it was originally booked since fiance’s family has already booked tickets to fly out East…Ok I am rambling.
Anyhoo… I am stressed to say the least.
Post # 12
Aww sweetie, I’m so sorry to ehar about what’s happened! I cannot believe they won’t do anything to help you.
Firstly, talk to your Fiance about how he feels about putting off the wedding since the costs will be so much more than you planned on – after all this stress the last thing you want is to be stressed about the money too.
Secodly, talk to the vendors you have booked and see if they would be willing to work with you still, for the agreed upon prices, if you do move your date back.
Third, remember that it will be cheaper to reprint your invitations/save-the-dates if you have already done those, than it will be to try to maintain your current date.
Fourth, remember that if you do have to hold off, while not great, cause I’m sure you’re ready to be married (I know I am!), it will be more relaxing for both you and Fiance, and all of your family will understand, and I’m sure, will do whatever they can to help/support you.
Hope everything goes ok sweetie. Your fellow Bees are always here if you need a “shoulder” to cry on or an “ear” to listen.
Best of luck!
Post # 13
Oh no 🙁 I’m sorry to hear all of this! I hope everything works out for you!