Post # 1
my fiance and I have already sent out our save the dates for our June wedding… we need to move it to august due to a personal family situation .. It’s on a weekday so that’s why we sent the original save the dates out so early..
my fiancé and I are on the same page with the date and we wouldn’t be changing it if it wasn’t truly an urgent matter…
is it appropriate to send out “change the date” cards. I have something like this in mind…
Change the Date
Dear family and friends,
Mark your calendars and join us on our new wedding date of…..
Formal invitation to follow.
opinions on the best way to handle this?
We have not sent out the formal invitations yet
Post # 3
Yes – you have a good reason. I think what you drafted up was perfectly acceptable
Post # 4
I think it’s acceptable to change the date. Just get the info out as soon as you can. (Are you sure you won’t have to change the August date as well? If you aren’t sure about that, I would wait until you really know which date you can make it work).
Post # 5
It’s not ideal, but totally doable since you only sent STD’s NOT invitations.
Hopefully nobody has made any plans yet.
Post # 6
Thank you, ladies! I needed some honest opinions..so happy you all agree. I will be calling our venue tomorrow and hopefully they will work with us.. Followed by the rest of the vendors. I really appreciate the feedback!