- Mrs. Pretzel
- 9 years ago
- Wedding: July 2010 - Catholic Church & The Engine Room at Georgetown Studios
Since we decided to have a wedding and reception in Seattle (were we live) next summer and a Midwest Party next fall I have been driving myself nutty with the guest list/STD/Wedding Invitation/Party invitation quagmire. I am hoping some experienced Bees can help me! Here are the facts:
- 85% of our potential guests are from other parts of the country. (100% both our families are from Midwest and NE)
- He has a huge family! (124 people in a trimmed down list) but thankfully we don’t expect all of them to travel.
- Limiting Seattle Wedding/Reception to 150
- Some guests will come to both Wedding and Midwest Party
- Large % of our friends in Midwest
- No real idea what % will make the trip to Seattle
I was first thinking the STD would include both the Seattle Date and the Midwest Party date- as some of our friends/family will choose to not make the seattle trip if they know we’ll be celebrating in their area too. But then I started thinging that if I send a STD to everyone with both dates, I will also need to send a formal wedding invitation to everyone… and then the what if everyone comes to seattle panic set in!
If push came to shove- I could have 3 categories of guests (and corresponding STD) Seattle only, Midwest only, and both… Am I asking for trouble?