(Closed) Help! Wedding time line 3:30 ceremony

posted 5 years ago in Ceremony
Post # 2
179 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

I did my own makeup (and pretty much did nothing with my hair) and was ready around noon (way early but I was so keen to get the day going!), photographer arrived at 2pm for first look photos (different location than ceremony), then we headed somewhere else (10 minutes away and near ceremony venue) for posed family photos around 3pm, got to ceremony venue around 3:30. Ceremony at 4pm, took about 20 minutes, then cocktail hour until supper at 6pm. I think we cut the cake around 10pm because everyone was stuffed after supper. Had first dance around 8:30 or so? Ceremony and reception were at the same place.

Post # 3
466 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2017

Commenting to follow; my ceremony also begins at 3:30.

Post # 5
87 posts
Worker bee

I’m having the hardest time with this also! I’ve already posted a couple boards about it and had some comments for help, but I’m still stuck. MY ceremony is also at 3:30 and the end time is 10pm, and it’s next Saturday! I’m following your post!!

Post # 7
632 posts
Busy bee

I had my hair and makeup lady from 11-3, but that was for me and two bridemaids. My first looks were at 4-5:15pm ish, 6pm ceremony start, cocktail half hour started around 6:30pm, our introduction and first dance was around 7pm followed by father/daughter mother/son, dinner was at 7:30pm, then cake cutting right after. I had my photographer from 4-8(he stayed a little later so we could get our cake cutting pics in. Reception ended around 9pm (Sunday event). One thing to remember is that once the ceremony starts and then photos are taken and the train starts to go it doesn’t stick to an exact to the min. schedule.

Post # 9
632 posts
Busy bee

yes, you are going to want your photographer for at least 4hrs. I cut it close with 4hrs and was lucky he stayed a little longer.

Post # 11
72 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
mrvero77 :  My wedding is next weekend. My start time is 4pm and ends at 9pm, so it’s pretty close to yours. Also ceremony and reception are in the same location. Here is what my coordinator came up with. I didn’t include my hair and makeup timelines but those start at 8:45 am, and I have 6 girls getting their hair done, and 4 for makeup. Photographer is arriving around 1pm. Hope this helps a bit!

4:00     Ceremony on the lawn (this will likely only be 15 minutes though)

4:30      cocktails, appetizers, pictures

– staff flips lawn for dinner-

5:15      DJ asks guest to get drinks from bar for dinner

5:25      Seat for dinner 

5:30      Announce bridal party

5:35      Drop salad bowls on tables

5:55      Serve dinner family style     

6:10      Kelly and Jason  circulate

6:30      pour champagne for toasts

6:45      toasts

6:55      First dance/special dances under tree  

7:05      Move inside for special dances and open dancing

8:00      Cupcake Ceremony  

Anniversary dance                       

9:00      Last dance, bar closes, guests depart

The topic ‘Help! Wedding time line 3:30 ceremony’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors