(Closed) Help! What kind of PEN do you use for a photobook??

posted 6 years ago in Paper
Post # 3
364 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

extra fine sharpie

Post # 5
24 posts
  • Wedding: September 2012

Let us know what works!

Post # 6
2819 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

If it’s good quality photopaper (gloss finish, thickish pages), a Sharpie won’t bleed through.

Post # 7
72 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I just bought our Shutterfly photo guestbook too, so if the sharpie works for you, I’d love to hear!

Post # 10
4653 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Sharpie pens might work!

Post # 11
1304 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

How about a paint marker?

Post # 12
5 posts
  • Wedding: October 2012

I did my guestbook on Shutterfly too and was wondering the same thing. Let me know what you find out. I love the deals that Shutterfly sends. I got mine for free as well!

Post # 13
2 posts
  • Wedding: May 2013

If the Sharpie bleeds through, there’s a pen used in scrapbooking a lot called a slick writer (made to write on glossy paper and not smudge!) you can usually find it at a craft store

Post # 15
1340 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Make sure whatever you end up with that it’s archival quality–otherwise the ink will disintegrate your pages.

The topic ‘Help! What kind of PEN do you use for a photobook??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors