Post # 1
So this is an item that I am really really struggling with. I tend to be pretty emotional when it comes to my family, so I’m concerned this could be a total sob fest.
My dad loves 70’s rock (eric clapton, CCR, Elton John, Greatful Dead, etc) but I’m not coming up with any songs in that genre. Any ideas ladies?
All I am coming up with is country songs (which I like, but I’m not sure he will)…gahhh. HELP! 🙂
Post # 3
My dad and I tried to find songs that he used to like from the 70’s, but none fit the bill. He ended up picking a country song and he does not like country. You might be surprised. My dad prefered perfect lyrics over the genre.
Post # 4
Van Morrison – have I told you lately that I love you
Post # 5
Here are some suggestions from Offbeatbride.com:
- Led Zepplin’s “Thank You” (hear it)
- Lynyrd Skynyrd’s “Simple Man” (hear it)
- Rolling Stones’ “She’s a Rainbow” (hear it)
- The Cars’ “Just What I Needed” (hear it)
- Warrant’s “Heaven” (hear it)
- Neil Young’s “Here for You” (hear it)
- Bruce Springsteen’s “When You Need Me” (hear it)
- Queen’s “You’re My Best Friend” (hear it)
- Guns and Roses’ “Sweet Child O’ Mine” (hear it)
- Staind’s “Zoe Jane” (hear it)
- Tom Petty’s “American Girl” (hear it)