(Closed) help with choosing a dress after a 160 pound weight loss

posted 7 years ago in Dress
  • poll: which dress looks the best?
    fitted tiered Mon Cheri - Shelby : (147 votes)
    52 %
    satin - not sure of designer : (59 votes)
    21 %
    a-line Private Label by G : (12 votes)
    4 %
    Mon Cheri - Thalia - lace and tulle : (64 votes)
    23 %
  • Post # 3
    1222 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

First off, congrats on such a huge accomplishment. You look great!

I chose number #2, I think it’s most flattering on you. All the gowns are beautiful though, but #2 is my fav πŸ™‚

Post # 4
    1227 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

I like #4 – it has such a romantic feel to it.

Congrats to you!!

Post # 5
    1326 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2011 - Tre Bella, Mesa, AZ

I also like number 4, but they all look good on you! Congrats! What an accomplishment. It would be hard for me to wait to buy it. πŸ™‚

Post # 6
    510 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

Congrats!  #1 and #2 are my favs…but if I had to choose I would say #2 πŸ˜€

Post # 7
    301 posts
    Helper bee

Oh my gosh, I love the 4th one.  The back is amazing and it’s just gorgeous!! 

Post # 8
    5106 posts
    Bee Keeper

You look fabulous! And congrats!!!

I love #1 because I am a sucker for the intricate lace/beaded dresses. I think they have such a romantic feel to them. But I also love the detail on dress #2 and how it cinches your waist and flatters your figure perfectly!

That probably didn’t help any! I’m indecisive too! :o)

Post # 9
    269 posts
    Helper bee

Be careful in choosing a dress.  You’ll likely have to buy another one by September.  My mother had gastric bypass and she lost weight steadily (about 225 lbs total) for two years.  I’d wait until the last possible minute to order.   Or else choose one that can be taken in easily.  Or don’t spend too much on one, because even selling it brand new your likely to get your money back.

Post # 10
    518 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

Congrats on your accomplishment!  That’s wonderful and you can do it!!!!  πŸ˜‰  I LOVE 1.  I just love lase and lots of details.  πŸ™‚  Good luck and I am sure you will look lovely in which ever one you decide on.  πŸ™‚

Post # 12
    1684 posts
    Bumble bee

@rocktheshade: I just wanted to say congrats on the 160 loss! I had wls myself 6 months ago & have lost just over 100. How are you finding it? πŸ™‚

I vote for #4, and you don’t need sleeves. That swoopy cappy thing is gorgeous.

Post # 13
    1037 posts
    Bumble bee

@rocktheshade: You really look stunning in them all and congratulations on the weight loss!!  I choose number 4 though as I like how light and romantic it is.  Gorgeous choices though πŸ™‚

Post # 14
    Hostess
    11258 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2011

I think you look amazing in the shelby!

Post # 15
    1048 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

You look fantastic in all of them, but I agree with a previous poster.  I would seriously wait a few more months before ordering.  Try on some more in a couple months and then decide.  Congrats on the weight loss!

Post # 16
    4137 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

congrats! i think #2 is the most flattering to your shape..it looks gorgeous on you!

if you lose more weight you can always alter the dress. i wouldn’t worry too much about that!

The topic ‘help with choosing a dress after a 160 pound weight loss’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors