Post # 1
SO and I are going on vacation next week. He’s been acting kinda goofy.
How he’s been goofy:
– After a wedding last weekend told me what he did and didn’t like about everything
– Has been very cute the past few days
– Spontaneously googled venues and showed me what he liked
– Nearly peed himself over a perfect venue I found
– Said he’d “mull” over the possibility of calling said venue to see if they have openings next year followed with mumbling about ‘ruining surprise’
– Recently declined going ring shopping, 100% confidence
– Didn’t give a solid answer at wedding when asked when he’s getting married (but not the OMG Never)
– Bragged about his account balance which looks like its a bit low for his spending habit
How others have been goofy:
– His mom is insistent that my family come to their place for a cookout (SO said for June 30th) last family cookout was his brother and now SIL after engagement
– Now SIL gave us recipe card holders as gift for wedding and said she didn’t add my last name because it ‘could be changing soon’
So you can bet I’m getting a bit excited here and don’t want to ruin our vacation. Our last trip was a bit of a let down because well it didn’t happen there.. I’m really hoping it happens on our vacation. How do you best suggest I try to keep my mind off of it when we’re out there?
Post # 4
Haha, you know my advice already…Come out and enjoy everything Colorado has to offer. You guys will be in a beautiful area with lots to do. As you know, I personally think he’s going to do it on this trip, but just to be safe think of it as a much needed break from the ho-hum daily grind!
Post # 5
- Wedding: April 2013 - ceremony at a gazebo outside, reception at neighboring restaurant on a lake
I don’t think you will be able to keep your mind off it! But, if it DOESN’T happen this trip it is obviously going to happen sometime soon afterwards.
One of my friends told me about how he and his wife (before he got married) climbed Mt Ranier and when they were atop the summit, their ropes had made a heart shape and he pointed it out. She got all misty eyed and hopeful and then he thought “shit! I didn’t mean to make her expect it!” He had purposefully not brought the ring on the trip because he was afraid he would lose it, mess it up while ice climbing, or it would get stolen in bag check at airport etc. He proposed the day after they got back in a hole in the wall bar with peanuts all over the ground!!! HAHA!
Point being, that if it doesn’t happen on the trip, he probably has a good reason for it. He could have even ordered it already expecting it to come in before the trip and it not come in in time. Never know.
If it doesn’t happen, just focus on how much fun you have with him and remind yourself that it will probably happen sooner rather than later. Good luck!
Post # 6
@ColoradoGirl: Ah yes of course!!! =)
@Shera2550: OMG I’d be mortified and could see something like that happening to me.
I’m preparing myself for it not happening and have almost completely convinced myself that its not.