- 3 years ago
- Wedding: May 2017
Hey Bees! I posted on a different board how I’ve been working through some major wedding anxiety lately. I think one of the things that gets to me constantly is not knowing if I’ve done what needs to be done yet or if I should be getting on to a new task ASAP.
Wedding is in late May in San Diego. Below is what I’ve done/secured so far… I’m putting this out here to see if anyone has insight as to what is important to do now 5 months before wedding.
- Took/shared engagement photos
- Picked a venue. Put deposit down.
- Bought a dress. Will have by March to get altered
- Picked wedding party
- Picked bridesmaid dresses. They’re ordering by mid-January to have dresses few weeks before wedding.
- Got a photographer. Deposit down.
- Got a DJ
- Got a wedding planner
- Picked wedding cake bakery
- Made guest list
- Save the Dates sent (going out this weekend)
- Made wedding website
- Made registry (still finishing this. Have most things we’d like/want. Talking w. Fiance to see if I missed anything he was considering)
- Researched/scheduled meetings withf lorists. *Hoping to pick one by end of year. Meeting some over the holidays
- Booked rehearsal dinner caterer
- Picked rehearsal dinner location
- Picked bachorlette party location/started plans
- Groom’s started working on his bach party plans
I think this basically is what we’ve got so far. My big to dos I feel are the decor things with the florist and any other decor ideas we decide on… honeymoon planning… and we still don’t have an officiant. Considering a friend for that bc we’re not very religious and don’t have a church we’ve gone to, etc.
I’ll add that I do have a planner but she’s a family friend – my Fi’s cousin – and we got her for a super low price. She’s been helping for sure but not as much as I assumed. I’ve been OK with it so far bc I know day of she’s going to be there and help a ton. @[email protected] I like to say I am good at planning but oh boy sometimes it gets crazy.
Any advice appreciated! <3