(Closed) Help with wedding dress, wedding is on june 17, 2018

posted 4 years ago in Dress
Post # 2
645 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Any good seamstress will be able to alter it without compromising the design. I wouldn’t trust buying a dress that was too small.

Post # 3
1814 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2017 - Pearson Convention Centre

They are professionals I personally think it’s best to order bigger and have the dress altered to fit you. They know what they are doing and they won’t ruin your dress

Post # 4
1400 posts
Bumble bee

Always order for your biggest measurement. You can alter the bust down pretty easily from an 8 to a 6ish

Post # 5
136 posts
Blushing bee

I have the same issue: I’m very hourglass shaped so I’m a 6 on the waist, 8 bust and 8-10 hips. My seamstress told me to always order the 10 and they’ll pull it in everywhere else to make it fit absolutely perfectly. I say stick with the 8 and get it altered down rather than risk trying to upsize.

Post # 6
1736 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

View original reply
jayy88 :  My dress was brought in several inches in the bust. Very intricate beadwork and it looked perfect. Have faith in your seamstress. 

Post # 7
419 posts
Helper bee

I haven’t had my dress altered yet but I agree that it makes sense to get it in a bigger size and have it taken in! That way it will fit perfectly in the end. My dress is a size 10 because I need room in the bust, but I will have it taken in considerably everywhere else (I’m closer to a 6 as well). Don’t worry 🙂

The topic ‘Help with wedding dress, wedding is on june 17, 2018’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors