- 8 years ago
- Wedding: August 2010
Hey lovely ladies!!
I just want to say thanks for EVERYTHING!!!! The girls here at weddingbee helped plan my wedding and provided so much advice… So I would like to pass on these tips if I may! Feel free to take it or leave it but it cant hurt for someone to even take one tip away!
(my apologies in advance for my poor grammar and spelling. Im not the best at these things!)
1. Get your dress altered to the correct length. Mine was altered so it just sat level on the ground… not a good idea… I nearly face planted about 4 times on the way to the red carpet treading through grass and had to give my dad the bouquet.
2. A map of how you want things set up is so helpful. I did this for the ceremony and had no questions on the day and it went smooth sailing.
3. Easy no fuss assembling should be the goal. Don’t get lost in every little detail. Simplicity is key!
4. Writing instructions on your blank cd for the sound guy is great! Ours lost his written ones in the wind so he was able to read on the cd and it went fab! Have a different cd for each section this is easier than him pressing a track button… (I.e one for walking down the aisle… and then one for signing of the register and walking back up the aisle) Also choosing an upbeat song for the walking down back down the aisle ist of it one of the BEST ideas.. I dont know who thought of it! but this seriously sets the tone for a happy occasion. We chose How Sweet it Is by Michael Buble
5. Get your officiant at the start announce that family photos will be taken straight after. My grandparents left immediately and we didn’t get a photo 🙁 also Hubs Mum left early too. Don’t ask me why but they did. It didn’t spoil our day at all but it’s a bit sad to look at the photos and have none.
6. Laugh went some idiot yells DON’T DO IT just about when you’re starting the ceremony from a passing car. Expect if you’re going to have your venues outdoors and public for something like this to happen. We laughed and it set the tone for the most upbeat day!
7. Where inexpensive shoes… I’m glad I did.. My 20 dollar red shoes were annihilated by the end of the day!
8. Artificial flowers are just as worth it as real ones. … I bought artificial ones and I received lots of compliments. Not only did I save $100s of dollars they were thrown around and dropped and all sorts and still as fresh as! Haha
9. Planning minute by minute just isn’t worth it. There’s no way we could have stuck to a minute by minute schedule. We kept the main things i.e. hair appointment, MUA appoint at this time… getting into dress at this time… leaving house at this time. The rest seriously didn’t matter( well to me anyway). It enabled everyone to chill and just know where they had to be and create a stress free environment
Also, I think what would be the most important advice when people asked me questions on the day in regards to organisation. I would turn around and say..
Whatever you think is best!
This way I didn’t have the stress of sorting out the problem and didn’t have the expectations to be let down. They tried that’s all that matters!!
Anyway im posting part 2 of my wedding photos when I get back from work. Cant wait to share!!
My version of a virtual hug! *HUGS* thanks so much ladies!