(Closed) Help…inexpensive budget for 150 -200 guests in NYC

posted 8 years ago in New York City
Post # 3
140 posts
Blushing bee

@Linwei: is $25k what you have to spend on the reception? or for everything, including your dress, rings, etc?

Post # 4
39 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2011

i think any budget is possible…you just have to find affordable ways to achieve the results you want…for example, if you can’t afford to do a 3+ course dinner on a saturday night, why not look into brunch, lunch, or a cocktail reception on a less popular day? like i said, there are tons of ways to save money…also check out some wedding magazines…they always have great ideas…good luck!

Post # 5
22 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I sure hope so. We’re doing 150-200 guests in Manhattan or Brooklyn for under 15K…in the summer.

So far the process is going well. It’s helped to be very upfront with each other and any venue or caterer we’ve contacted. It also helps to make a list of things you care about versus care less about.

Post # 6
4824 posts
Honey bee

I am sure you can, just make sure your expectations are in check.  Manhatten is very pricey.

Your dress cant be too expensive, you may have to do a buffet, heavy on the pasta or catered from a local italian/deli restaurant (they tend to be very affordable).  Open bar is also very expensive so finding a way to reduce that cost will be instrumental to keeping your budget in check.

Does this include honeymoon?

Post # 7
22 posts
Newbee

Some further updates. Real Food (realfoodcatering.net) sent us a sample wedding they had done with everything itemized. Rentals were a killer but food (cocktail hour, buffet dinner, dessert) came to about $9600. Bassett (http://www.bassettcaterers.com) is a bit less fancy but for $9600 for 200 people you can get their super fancy cockail hour + stations + buffet + dessert which also includes china, linen & service (those 3 are killers). They have a pared down menu which includes cocktail buffet and dinner buffet that will run you about $5200. You are not going to beat that.Loud Food (loudfoodnyc.com) also seems to be really great. They ballpark the low end of an average buffet wedding (including service, rentals etc) at about $115/pp (in general not just for them) but has a whole ton of suggestions as to how to start cutting away at that, including modifictaions to menu, cake, bar etc. 

What I’m learning is that above 150 it’s hard to find a suitable space.

Post # 8
22 posts
Newbee

An update– we went to Landmark on the Park this week and it looks great. Venue+tables+chairs+staff+kitchen for caterer for $4750. Its good for that size wedding and they are laid back and very nice.

With more planning under our belts we’re also learning that doing your own bar is the way to go for that many people. Figuring out numbers on that is certainly an adventure.

The topic ‘Help…inexpensive budget for 150 -200 guests in NYC’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors