(Closed) Helping a foreign student

posted 9 years ago in Legal
Post # 3
153 posts
Blushing bee

This is where you need to find a pro bono immigration lawyer.

Does your school have a law school?  Some will do pro bono work.  I’m assuming she’s already gone through the usual channels of the Financial Aid Office/Student Services/Admissions to discuss payment plans or deferrment, and no one is helping.

Search for lawyers in your area that specialize in student visas or deportment.

Good luck!

Post # 4
4001 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Oh that’s horrible!  I wish I had a resource for her.  I’d contact local politicians.  Sounds strange but I work for our local government and I’ve seen first that they’ve been known to intervene and assist people with so many different things.  Its a shot in the dark but she deserves to stay here.

Post # 5
7975 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

Check with local churches too – they may be willing to help.

The topic ‘Helping a foreign student’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors