Post # 1
So I posted yesterday aboit our issue having to find alternative venue for our reception which is in 9 days. This is due to the venue owner’s failure to pay rent and got court order to vacat
we went to look some today but omg not many options at this point.
There’s one that’s fantastic and top notch which we normally couldn’t afford but the wedding planning company we are dealing with is covering any extra cost for us for compensation.
BUT, we need to change the time to lunch time from dinner time. The place is already booked in theventing. We obviously sent invite for evening reception. Most guests seem to be able to come for the new schedule but a few not. This venue will satisfy gourmet guests and provide great experience for those who can attend. But a few who have been really excited about this day might not be able to make it.
The other option is down grade and keep the original timing. This way we only change the venue so less hassle. but the venue is a down grade. Some guests are coming from out of town so it’d be a real shame having to feed them not so great food.
My immediate family thinks we just need to decide and let guests know ASAP and if someone can’t come because of time change, sad but it happens.
Husband could care less but wants to look at other option, which I honestly think non existent.
Post # 3
@gramgeek: I would choose the latter option. It’s more important to me to have my loved ones there than to have what could be marginally better food.
Post # 4
I would continue to look as long as you can. Search as much as you can in the next two days and then cross the bridge when you need to about if you should upgrade or downgrade.
Post # 5
Thanks for your comment. Looks like we are going with the former. I wished so bad that there were other better venues that we could book for the evening, but no. The down grade options was pretty disappointing in terms of what they offer and the look when I went to see it this morning.
Thankfully most people have been so nice about it and understanding. Our photographer has been nice as well. Families can come in the morning and my grandparents actually preferred the morning to having to stay out in the evening. Of course we would be sacrificing some of our friends but I figure we could have a get together in the evening for them if they are keen. I cried and know I will cry on the day for fabulousness of our loved ones and for our party to be such a pain for everybody.
Post # 6
@gramgeek: If people made travel plans already, could you host a second dinner at a restaurant for the people already planning to come in the evening but unable to make it earlier in the day? I realize that would be a really long day for you, but it would be a good way to thank them if they’re coming from out of town or have bought gifts already.
I’m so sorry this happened to you and am in no way judging you for the difficult decision you had to make. I’m just trying to think of ways you can incorporate all of your guests without having to sacrifice too much of your original vision.
ETA: Somehow missed the last few sentences. I think you’re doing a great job handling all this stress!