- 11 years ago
- Wedding: August 2010
Antique shutter screen with seating cards – I attached vintage skeleton keys to tags and hung them on the shutters with mini-clothespins. The shutters were hinged together using basic hardware from Home Depot.
Program fans – I made silhoutettes of my husband and I, and a friend helped design the border on the front. I printed 100 fronts, cut them out, and glued on the handles. Then I designed and printed and cut out the backs of the programs, and glued them on.
I bought cheap, plain cocktail napkins and goccoed on the heart that we used throughout our wedding.
I used the same silouettes in frames that were placed at our seats, and on the favors.
I made all of the cake stands. The wood ones are made from plaques from Michael’s and sawed-off stumps from branches we found in our neighborhood. The milk glass plates and candlestick holders were found at thrift stores.
I made burlap runners and layered over 90 feet of hand-sewn doily runners overtop. This took FOREVER – from start to finish, maybe 50 hours (probably more). All of the doilies are antique.
I cut, ironed, hemmed, goccoed and sewed 100 napkins. The napkins were folded with the menu placed inside.
The bunting and bar were also DIY. I cut burlap triangles and lined them with lace and glued them on twine. My husband build the bar after we couldn’t find one that we liked to rent.
I made sparkler-holders for the end of the night. Packs of matches were rubber cemented on the front and I tucked 3 sparklers in each package.
I also DIY-ed all of the flowers!
If you see anything you like, I’m selling almost everything. Click here to see the listing!
There are vintage mason jars, antique bottles, runners, drink dispensers, etc. Pretty much everything you see above.