(Closed) Hey Beez, a little bit of an alcohol problemo here…

posted 4 years ago in Reception
Post # 2
3449 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

No one’s going to stop you. You just need to keep it closed up and preferably in the trunk. 🙂 

Post # 3
32 posts
  • Wedding: February 2017

I don’t really know how to answer your questions, since I will be getting married in Virginia, but we will be bringing a keg in from DC – its legal in my state, you just need to have it in the trunk if there is an open container. In virginia, you need to obtain a license for the day or couple of days. You should see if Nebraska’s ABC does that at well.

What would supplemental insurance provide? Have you looked at offerings for insurance? Is it required or suggested by your venue?

Post # 4
3064 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

hlrdrpnghs:  no – its alcohol, not cocaine. You are fine as far as transporting.

As far as the second one, I think you need a liscensed bartender? I would ask them to clarify




Post # 5
602 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

I’m from VA too and here we just have to contact ABC and get a banquet permit. However, this could be your venue policy. My venue is run by our local parks and rec department so they don’t have a vendors list or anything like that. I would ask your venue if it’s a legal thing so they can point you towards getting a banquet permit or if it’s a policy of THEIRS. I have heard of venues only allowing certain vendors because of agreements they have set up with said vendors or they’re trying to cover their own asses. The list or vendors provided very well could just be suggestions.

The topic ‘Hey Beez, a little bit of an alcohol problemo here…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors