Post # 1
We are getting our STDs ordered from our photographer and sending them… which also means I will be organizing/collecting addresses! We’re also looking into doing an engagement annoucement in the paper now that we have engagement pics. I also want to start on the programs… although I don’t think that’s going to happen 🙂
What are you guys doing this month?
Post # 3
Nobody? See, I even kill my own threads! lol.
Post # 4
Print invitations, confirm florist and dj, start searching for a trumpet player for the ceremony, and the list goes on…
Post # 5
All I plan on doing this month is confirm DJ is the one we want and find a florist. I may add finding groomsmen suits to the list.
Post # 6
I’m sending my STD’s next week and giving the florist a deposit to hold the date. It took me a while to find a florist I liked.
Post # 7
We are working on tuxes, doing our Catholic marriage tux and maybe picking out our cake. I am also going to try to work on the invitations a little and possible the Bridesmaid or Best Man gifts.
Post # 8
Over Thanksgiving weekend, we’re going to meet with the florist and I’m taking MOB and MOG looking at dresses. Also, hopefully getting Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses all picked out. We’re going to go look at tuxes sometime just to get an idea of what we’re going to do.
Next up, we have to figure out the cake and we’re sending STDs out after Christmas.
Post # 9
Trying to get Maid/Matron of Honor to order her dress, picking out a baker, tuxes, deciding on flowers, programs… my list goes on too.
Post # 10
I am unabashedly doing NOTHING in November!!!! Oh, except for research! Always doing the research.
Everything big is booked, so I’m taking the month off.
Post # 11
Well since I took off last month I figured I need get back on the wedding planning train! Goals for November are the following:
Plan & book honeymoon
Reserve/put a deposit on the rehearsal dinner venue
These might drift into December as well…
Post # 12
- Wedding: June 2010 - The Mountain Terrace, Woodside, CA
– Hit the stores this week for discount props for our DIY photobooth
– Finish decorating my favor boxes
– Finalize what’s going in the favor boxes
– Decorate baskets for guest book rocks, bathroom baskets, program baskets
– Make my hubby finish his paper punching projects
– Pre-load our LED lanterns with batteries (with a slip of paper to prevent them from turning on)
– Design and print a ton of signage
– Make my table camera sleeves
– Stain my custom table numbers
– Make the bathroom baskets and bridal survival kits
– Finalize our transportation schedule and get charter bus quotes
– Have my hair and makeup trial and book my stylist/MUA
– Order paper so next month we can start working on the invites
I think that’s about it….at least that’s all that is on my calendar for the month!
Post # 13
I took last month off too!
-Making sure all the BM’s are getting their dresses ordered. Only 2 left!
-Getting our STD’s ordered and sent out hopefully before December
-Honeymoon planning, mainly because my fiance doesn’t care at all where we go. Just somewhere with me 🙂 hehe
-Printing the Invitations so come christmas break some of the girls can help with the assembly line since most are teachers!!!
-Relaxing and enjoying Thanksgiving
QUESTION!!!!!! When should I go in and have my first alteration. As of right now my dress ONLY needs a hem. I fit into a size 4 perfectly right now…we will see later hopefully i need an alteration! But Hem, could I do that soon?!
Post # 14
Seems like a few of you are where I am–stuck in a planning lull! LOL I agree with Sage, lately all I’ve done is “research”, ie Wedding Bee 🙂 But I’m going to put a few things on the list this month:
– Computerize guest list and start obtaining addresses/emails
– Create wedding website
– Send electronic save-the-dates
Regarding the registering, it seems way early to me even though lots calendars put it in this time frame! But we’ll be home for Christmas, and then not until the wedding, so I may do the bridal show in December and then I want to be registered 😉
Post # 15
This month for me is:
– Choose menu/wine and have tasting for reception dinner
– Choose flowers for reception dinner
– Choose table and chair covers for reception dinner
– Look into decs for reception dinner
You can see a pattern here can’t you, it’s all about the reception dinner this month 😉
Post # 16
@missnoche: I thought the same thing about registering… the Knot said now is about the time to start, but when we went to Bed Bath and Beyond they said we were too early and to come back in December!
@Ashco: I think most people go in closer to their wedding date, like 2 months before? I think that’s when my bridal shop told me I’d need to come in for a first fitting.
I forgot about planning the honeymoon…. we have no idea where we want to go!