(Closed) **[[Hey ladiesssss! Let's see your……EYEBALLS!!!]]**

posted 8 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 17
Member
9121 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA

Here’s me! My husband has brown eyes so I won’t be carrying on the blues… 

View original reply
@JenGirl:  that’s fascinating, thanks!!!

Post # 18
Member
781 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

My eye color is strange. I was born with blue eyes and they were BLUE until I turned 14. Then they started turning greenish/grayish. My license says green though.

Post # 19
Member
6104 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2013

I’ve always said mine were brown but I guess they’re more hazel – or so my eye doc tells me. The inside (closest to my pupil) is a brown star shape and the outside is a brown/green with a dark circle around the whole iris.

P.S. I love how you can see the faint blue outline of my contacts…not

Post # 20
Member
226 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Mine sometimes lokk almost a grayish blue but moslty look very green.    

Post # 22
Member
11227 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013

OP, your eyes are blue, green, and brown.

View original reply
@musician32992:  I have a central heterochromia. ๐Ÿ™‚ I can’t get a good picture with my phone, but my eyes are blue-grey with green around the pupil. ETA: Similar to 
View original reply
@Vion.  

Post # 23
Member
233 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@lolot:  Why not? My sister is a green eyed Scot married to a brown eyed Italian and my nephew has the most amazing blue eyes. My mum has brown eyes and my dad blue and I or none of my sisters inherited the brown eyes. I’m blue and they are green so I think its a myth that brown is a more dominant colour. 

Post # 24
Member
5472 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
@Lindarella:  Brown is the genetically dominant gene… however, if someone has brown eyes they could still be a light eye color carrier (it just isn’t the expressed gene).  So, if two heterozygous brown eyed people have a baby, the offspring will have a 25% chance of being homozygous for brown eyes, 50% chance of being heterozygous for brown, and a 25% chance of expressing light eyes.  So, 75% chance of expressing brown eyes, and 25% for light.

Post # 26
Member
233 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@DaneLady:  So not a myth but its not a given either. Genetics are fascinating,my nephew has 2 dark haired parents,1 with green eyes,1 with brown and he is a blonde haired,blue eyed cherub ๐Ÿ™‚ His colouring is like my dad’s.

Post # 27
Member
9121 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA

View original reply
@DaneLady:  

View original reply
@Lindarella:  

Isn’t genetics interesting??  I think my guy’s parents both have brown eyes, but his dad might have blue…  Maybe there’s hope for the baby blues after all.

Post # 28
Member
5472 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
@Lindarella:  I used to love genetics classes in college.  When I got pregnant I did Punnet squares for different traits to see what percentage of certain outcomes we could expect in our baby… but it wasn’t difficult as we both have dark har and light eyes.  We could have a light-haired child if we both carry (but don’t express) the gene for light hair.  Lol, genetics is so fun ๐Ÿ™‚

//end threadjack… sorry!  

Post # 29
Member
6003 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2019 - City, State

mine are pure brown : plain old brown. No kind of special brown lol just brown. Like poop Undecided

Post # 30
Member
12242 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2013

Haha, my eyes are ENORMOUS. And green. DH’s are blue! But his massive eyebrows shadow them, so they look darker in pictures.

Post # 31
Member
10354 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

View original reply
@lolot:  Actually people with brown eyes can be carriers for blue/green/other non-dominant eye colors. If he’s a carrier, it’s a 50:50 shot at a kid having blue eyes etc.

The topic ‘**[[Hey ladiesssss! Let's see your……EYEBALLS!!!]]**’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors