Hi – any Sept 2017 Brides here?

posted 3 years ago in African-American
Post # 16
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2017

This is my first post and I’m so happy to be here! We got engaged December 31, 2015 and we are getting married in September 2017– I’m shopping venues now and hoping for 9/9/17 or 9/16/17. 🙂 

Post # 17
14 posts
Newbee

9/9/17 here! Engaged 4/3/16. I was worried I was being crazy by already planning so I’m glad to know I’m not alone! For the bee that asked, I’m calling my wedding a summer wedding. September is kind of a transitional time so I think you can go either way but probably late Sept would traditionally be considered fall (but who cares! Do what you like! haha) 

Post # 18
8 posts
Newbee

My wedding will be 9/15/2017. I think I’ve just found my venue today. Starting a lot of things early because we want to DIY a few things. Congrats everyone

Post # 19
954 posts
Busy bee

faymeetscincy :  Congrats!

I got engaged May 2016 and our wedding is September 16 2017 🙂 All the main stuff is booked like venue DJ photographer music and I am going wedding dress shopping in October

xo

Post # 20
356 posts
Helper bee

Hey everyone! We were engaged on 08/01/2015 and we have set our date for September 23rd, 2017. It looks like its a popular choice and I have noticed that in my area it is as well as some people have started booking. Most of my vendors are done and I just got my dress in. I like booking early because we are getting better prices and spacing out the payments makes it so much easier to not be stressed!

Post # 21
49 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2017

Got engaged on Christmas in 2015 and getting married on 9/2/2017

Post # 22
40 posts
Newbee

Hi all!  Engaged 5/15/16 and date is set for 9/1/17 here!  So excited!

Post # 23
1168 posts
Bumble bee

Hello everyone! We have been dating since 12-29-12, got engaged 4-16-16, and are getting married 9-17-17! We are paying for our venue this Friday and I am SO excited! We already deposited for our DJ and then we are hoping to get the photographer next! 

Post # 24
22 posts
Newbee

Hi there! Yes, we got engaged last month and are planning to get married Sept 16, 2017! We have nothing booked yet, saw a venue we’re excited about but we are hoping to check out a few more before locking the venue in.

Post # 25
20 posts
Newbee

My fiance and I got Engaged on 5/21/15 (together since 10/17/10), getting married on 9/24/17! I would have done the 23rd but I despise odd numbers..OCD at it’s finest haha. Fall wedding because I live in Connecticut and the leaves are still very full but beginning to change at the end of september! 

Post # 26
56 posts
Worker bee

Hey all, another September bride here:)  We got engaged 10/2/15, getting married 9/30/17.  How far along is everyone in planning now?  I have venue, music, & photographer booked, and have pretty much chosen the caterer, florist, and baker (we’re doing cupcakes!).  But havent tried on any dresses yet, aaah!

Post # 27
26 posts
Newbee

Looks like I’m the first chiming in for 9/8/17!

We got engaged mid-December and I had the venue, officiant, photographer, and DJ booked before the new year! 

We have also added a photobooth (through the photographer), picked out our cake, contracted the hotel block, received the STD’s, and I’m pretty sure I have my dress settled too. We are working on little things now – flowers/centerpieces, favors, and everyone else’s attire!

Post # 28
3 posts
Wannabee

I am also getting married on Sept. 30, 2017!  We got engaged in November 2015.  I have the venue, photographer, florist, cake, caterer, hair and makeup artist, and the dress!  Meeting with a possible DJ today and still looking for an officiant.

I started planning on Nov 2016. I thought it was too early in planning but then I started getting responses from vendors that my date was no longer available, so it may never be too early! Lol

Post # 29
487 posts
Helper bee

Wedding 15th September 2017 🙂  Everything is booked and all the deposits are sorted… now it’s the hard bit… paying for everything!

We got engaged on 23rd May last year and booked our registrar and venue last August.  

Really looking forward to my makeup makeup trials and my first fitting (even though both are ages away) our cake tasting/design discussion is in April (booked blind but cake lady was in very high demand).  Also meeting our photographer face to face (rather than over Skype) for the first time in April.  Invitations should be arriving soon… getting my wedding ON!

Post # 30
573 posts
Busy bee

Thursday 09/28/2017! Sometimes I think we should’ve bitten the bullet for the extra cost saturday, but changing our date is the same as cancelling, and we’d lose our deposit. UGH.

feeling like we have a good chunk of things taken care of as of this weekend: venue, dress & shoes, florist, photographer, baker, caterer, coordinator and DJ.

still in progress: honeymoon…and I’m sure I’m missing other things but I can’t figure out what it is LOL

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors