Post # 1
I am new this forum.. I was originally in the July 27th, 2013 – but I switched everything up about a month ago. Changed the venue, theme (sort-of), and a few other things.. Lost $500 on the venue, but all-in-all – a good change.
So… I am getting married on July 6, 2013 now at a Hunt Club – yes with deer antler chandeliers, in a cabin-type venue, with an outdoor ceremony, and prop-guns for our wedding pictures. Still country-rustic themed, but with a little backwoods to it as well.
I have.. and I feel so accomplished!
- Wedding Dress – scheduled for alterations.
- Bridesmaid dresses ordered – Should come in April.
- DJ booked.
- Wedding bouquet underway – as well as crosages, bridesmaid bouquets, etc…
- Tux ideas – Just need to wait until the date to get them squared away; yes, they are camoflage! 🙂
- Officiant booked; with several readers in the ceremony.
- Photographer booked.
- Guest List has been finalized! Yeah, that was fun…
- Save the Dates going out Saturday!
- And much more…
I still need to do:
- Work on ideas for the actual wedding invitations.
- Set up a food tasting for the venue.
- Order the centerpieces – a lot of this stuff is DIY, so that takes time.
- Take engagement pictures (we are doing this in April for better weather reasons).
- Finalize songs for the wedding; reception and ceremony.
- Wedding bands.. Which should be fun seeing as my engagement ring is a split band, so your simple wedding ring won’t work. I think we need to customize it. Fun… 😉
- Figure out honeymoon stuff…
So, I think that’s about it.. I’m sure there’s more. THERE IS ALWAYS MORE! Eeek!
Talk soon, 2013 Brides!
Post # 3
@SSmars: mine is july 5th so we are almost date twins! congratulations and happy planning!
Post # 4
Venue finalized (caterer included)
Engagement pictures done
Looking at invitations
Looking at flowers
JUST booked out honeymoon
Had my first fitting for my dress
Bridemaids ordered thier dresses
Looking at tuxes
Photographer and DJ/MC booked. i think thats it…
Post # 5
Yay!!! July 6th, 2013 wedding twinsss!!! Feeling overwhelmed!!!
Post # 6
@SSmars: i cannot wait to see your photos from that hunt club! awesome!
crap should i book my alterations already?? i thought it was way early for that!
Post # 7
YAY!! 7+6=13. YAY US!!! All i have is my dress… I’m way behind.
Luckily I’m having a very low key Destination Wedding in California with only like 35 people or so. We’re procrastinators.
Post # 8
hey there! Plugging right along!
std ssent website DONE ( whew, tons of info! Destination wedding )
venue ( outside)
deposits put down on: tents, tables/chairs/dining ware, photog, porta potties,
menu done and caterer booked
day of Timeline scratched out
all first dance songs
dress, veil, shoes
invites finalizing now
table runners being made ( any cheap doily hookups out there? )
Glass ware for centerpieces coming along
Tons of work, but I’m trying to enjoy it! Whew!
Post # 9
Yes! So exciting! We are under the 5 month mark!
Post # 10
Thanks! I think it will be pretty awesome too; if I could just get these wedding nightmares to go away – are you having those too!?
In re: to the dress alterations – You are probably right – It is a little early; but I wanted to get it out of the way. You go in for several fittings – but wow, was that an expense I hadn’t accounted for! I paid almost $350 for the alterations. So, yeah.. save up!
Post # 11
haha yes!! i actually just responded to another post on here about wedding nightmares.. i keep having ones where i am barefoot walking down the aisle! i also had a few where i am running soooooo late and no one is sitting in the seats when i finally get to the ceremony.. it’s just the officiant, my Fiance, and our parents. haha.
$350 in alterations?! YIKES! i should get that out of the way soon.
Post # 12
July 6 too!! We were almost July 27th also but the place didnt have the time we wanted available. So far I have done-
- Wedding dress bought
- STD sent out
- plane tickets bought
- RSVP cards filled out (sending invites soon DW)
- Ceremony, Caterer, photographer, reception site booked
- Wedding party gifts picked out (that took FOREVER)
looking at flowers and centerpieces now while listening to the ceremony song list the coordinater gave me to pick from for entrance/ exit etc. multitasking!!
I still feel like i have so much to do! I keep being told “you still have 5 more months” eh not really! its a Destination Wedding wedding we have to have everything done atleast a week before and cant get some things until we get there. YIKES!!
Post # 13
I am getting married July 6th as well.
@ SSmars – I am a Wisconsin bride too. My cousin is getting married at a hunt club in June. I’ve seen pictures and it looks just beautiful.