(Closed) Hired A Student Photographer & We Are Her First Wedding, What Do You Think?

posted 12 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 18
42 posts
Newbee

Nothing to worry.. just make sure to get a contract signed as Mr.Bee have said. She has a nice way in setting her portraits and some really creative ones. Get a test shot or maybe a short session just to get an idea of what you are getting. Good luck. -Ian

Post # 19
765 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I’m not sure if you’ve already had your wedding or not but another idea is to see if she’ll come to your rehearsal so she can take some sample shots to make sure she has a good feel for the lighting ahead of time. I know it’ll probably only be the night before, but this way she has a sort of test run just in case.

Post # 20
587 posts
Busy bee

I’d use someone that at least shot a few weddings and has the proper gear to shoot weddings (including backups).  Portrait photography and event photography are very different.  A good portfolio in portraits and landscapes means nothing.

Post # 21
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2011

CAn you please put me in touch with her ? I am DIYing my wedding as well and she would come in handy…[email protected]

Post # 23
42 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@gocubbies:  I just wanted to ask you how did it go with your student photographer?  I am also on a tight buget and looking for some1 we can hire for engagement  photos. 

The topic ‘Hired A Student Photographer & We Are Her First Wedding, What Do You Think?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors