- Bekah Boots
- 2 years ago
My fiance and I have a budget of $3,000 for our 60 guest wedding at a church. We really want to hire a day-of coordinator because we don’t want to put that stress on our families or ourselves on our special day. We’re thinking of asking one of his co-workers who works in marketing, sets up events for their company all the time, and definitely has a Type A personality. Because our budget is tight, the max we can probably pay her is $200. In our area, weddings are usually not a huge all-out bash, and ours will not be either. I wanted to list all that I would want her to do and see if it sounded reasonable. Her total hours of work would come to about 5 and a half. We would have a 1 hour rehearsal the day before the wedding, our ceremony starts at 2, and our reception ends at 6 at the latest. It’s just an apps and cupcakes reception.
Here’s a list of things I would expect her to do:
- Lead rehearsal the day before
- Arrive at the church half hour before ceremony (1:30 p.m.)
- Help us all get in our starting places
- Coordinate between pianist and pastor when to end prelude music and begin the ceremony
- Direct the bridal party down the aisle
- (I’m thinking of asking both of our moms to arrange the appetizers on platters the morning of and covering them with foil for reception, possibly storing in the church’s fridges if there’s room)
- While ceremony goes on, light candles in reception, uncover food, fill drink dispensers
- Restock food platters/drink dispensers when necessary during the reception
- Coordinate between MC and bridal party for grand entrance, and later cake cutting
- (We’re not having dancing, so that’s not an issue)
- Coordinate send-off
- Hand out payment to pianist, officiant, etc.
Our families and bridal party would take care of all the setting up/decorating, and we’re paying someone at the church to clean up afterwards.
Sooo…does that all sound doable for one person and worth $200? Keep in mind that she isn’t a professional DOC. Are there things I’m forgetting that would need to be taken care of?