(Closed) His & Hers I DO Shoe Stickers – appropriate for a catholic ceremony

posted 9 years ago in Ceremony
  • poll: Are these stickers appropriate for a catholic ceremony?

No - I don't think it is

Yes - I am sure it will be fine

Unsure - mabye ask the priest and get a feel for whether it is appropriate or not

Other - please specify

• Post # 3
    149 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: December 2012

Cute! Where did you get them?

Post # 4
    1675 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

I can’t see the problem. It’s not like they’re “Oh no! I”m stuck getting married!” They’re just super cute.

Post # 5
    2584 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

I think it would be okay. Although, just for future reference, if the stickers were placed like that, the words would be upside down when you’re kneeling, haha.

Post # 6
    395 posts
    Helper bee

I’m not catholic, but I don’t see a problem with it. Yours would most likely be covered by your dress anyway.

Another option that I’ve seen is getting the date on the bottom of your shoes. Perhaps that would be a better choice for him since his shoes will be more easily seen?

Post # 7
    126 posts
    Blushing bee

I am 99% sure you will not have a problem with this, unless the priest giving you the blessing is VERY traditional.  

Very cute though!

Post # 8
    267 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

We had a Catholic ceremony and all of our boys wore sneakers.  I don’t see why stickers on the bottom of your shoes would be a problem considering all of our guys wore bright blue skater shoes.  You should be fine… just ask your Priest if you’re at all hesitant. 

Post # 9
    2853 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

I think it’s a great idea. Will the priest even see it? 🙂

Post # 10
    1398 posts
    Bumble bee

I was at a Catholic wedding where the Groomsmen put “Help Me” on the groom’s shoes.  The priest never knew.

The topic ‘His & Hers I DO Shoe Stickers – appropriate for a catholic ceremony’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors