Post # 1
- Spend less time thinking/talking/getting ansy about the waiting process and will instead:
- Get in shape for a happy body and happy mind- I have a current gym membership tha frankly got ignored in the last few months so its back to the routine for me.
- Get my finances in better shape. my account isn’t so bad, but I know I could do better and will help give me long term peace of mind.
- Continue my process of fighting for a promotion at work. My whole department has been shifted and anyone around me has been promoted except me. I think it completely unfair and if I cannot get promoted to reflect all the extra work I now do I will also look for a new job.
- Spend more money on me now. I’m a saver and I like being that way but I do need to think about the here and now in my life and treat myself rather than always thinking about tomorrow. Money on things like new clothes, pampering sessions…
- …also spend more money on nights out with my girfriends, I hang my head a say that this has gone by the wayside lately since I’ve been busy with other things but I should make time for them.
Along side my new years resolutions I’m keeping in mind what my future goals are and to remain positive and to have faith that when the time is right-
- I will get engaged in 2011. My So says it will happen in the next 6 months so assuming nothing changes I’ll be engaged this year!
- It will be a short engagement so I may be married next year! If this happens I can also consider Christmas 2011 my last one without trying for a baby.
and I know, I know, life doesn’t happen like that and anything could happen between now and then but I love keeping “to do” lists, giving myself tasks and goals as it helps give me a sense of control in my life.
So waiting bees, what do you want 2011 to bring you, aside from a proposal of forever from your darling love?
Post # 3
Great post! Makes me think of things to look forward to and helps take my mind off the waiting (if only briefly!).
In 2011 I will…
- Get a substantial raise at work! (Been looking forward to it all year… takes effect tomorrow January 2nd!)
- Apply for a new position within my agency… involves moving facilities for an additional 20-30 minute commute but comes with another raise if I get it! Could be exciting and something different since it would mean I would no longer be working with SO.
- Stick to my newly formed workout and nutritional plan. I just designed it this week and plan to start it within the week.
- Finally have two fully and well trained dogs! They’re both house trained, but they do not know any commands. I was supposed to do it this year, but all I accomplished was “sit” and “lie down”. Now I need “stay”, “come”, “heel”, and other such basics so that SO no longer hates the dogs (he doesn’t like to help take care of them because they are so poorly behaved). 🙁
- Get more out of debt. I’ve been only semi-following Dave Ramsey’s Total Money Makeover system, and I plan to apply myself a little more. This especially involves paying off one of my debts that I’ve had forever and can’t stand (a motorcycle payment for a bike that got stolen 2 years ago and I had no insurance on… still paying!).
- Hang out with the girls more. I’ve never been great at having friends because I’m mostly shy, but I’ve been slowly doing better. This involves spending time with friends from work as well as trying to meet new friends outside of work. (www.meetup.com seems to have some good options… like one group I found in my area called “I have a boyfriend but need my own friends”)
- Take more vacations this year than I have in any other year! So excited for this one! I love vacations and so far I have about 7-8 vacations planned. Probably won’t help my “get more out of debt goal”, but I love my vacations, lol.
Also, staying positive that in 2011 I will also GET ENGAGED!!! SO promised we would be engaged by 8/20/11 so fingers are crossed that he holds true to his word!
Post # 4
lol I just made this post- it was rather long so I will link you.
Plans for the New Year
Here is to us keeping our goals and hoping keeping our mind of the dreaded wait.
Post # 5
Love keeping a positive and proactive outlook 🙂 Along with my knowledge that I’ll get engaged (and, if it happens soon enough, maybe married!) this year, I’ve set some goals for myself as well.
In 2011, I will:
- Get more organized – I’m going to try to be good about updating and using my personal calendar to keep myself on track, as well as go back to using to-do lists (I used to all the time, but for some reason just let it go a few years ago).
- Make a work-out schedule and stick to it. I’m not setting a goal weight, but I do want to get in better shape, and I think actually writing exercise into my schedule will help me to do that.
- Be more proactive about research. I’m a doctoral student, and I need to get more focused about what I want to write about for my dissertation.
- Write more – I want to either start a blog or keep a journal to do regular non-academic writing. I’m not just a grad student, and I need to keep connected with my personal/private life!
- Clean our apartment more! It was really bad last semester. I’m embarrassed to admit how long we went between cleanings – lets just say it needs to be more often.