(Closed) HNY everyone! I’m still waiting but in 2011 I will….

posted 8 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
248 posts
Helper bee

Great post! Makes me think of things to look forward to and helps take my mind off the waiting (if only briefly!).

In 2011 I will…

• Get a substantial raise at work! (Been looking forward to it all year… takes effect tomorrow January 2nd!)
  • Apply for a new position within my agency… involves moving facilities for an additional 20-30 minute commute but comes with another raise if I get it! Could be exciting and something different since it would mean I would no longer be working with SO.
  • Stick to my newly formed workout and nutritional plan. I just designed it this week and plan to start it within the week.
  • Finally have two fully and well trained dogs! They’re both house trained, but they do not know any commands. I was supposed to do it this year, but all I accomplished was “sit” and “lie down”. Now I need “stay”, “come”, “heel”, and other such basics so that SO no longer hates the dogs (he doesn’t like to help take care of them because they are so poorly behaved). 🙁
  • Get more out of debt. I’ve been only semi-following Dave Ramsey’s Total Money Makeover system, and I plan to apply myself a little more. This especially involves paying off one of my debts that I’ve had forever and can’t stand (a motorcycle payment for a bike that got stolen 2 years ago and I had no insurance on… still paying!).
  • Hang out with the girls more. I’ve never been great at having friends because I’m mostly shy, but I’ve been slowly doing better. This involves spending time with friends from work as well as trying to meet new friends outside of work. (www.meetup.com seems to have some good options… like one group I found in my area called “I have a boyfriend but need my own friends”)
  • Take more vacations this year than I have in any other year! So excited for this one! I love vacations and so far I have about 7-8 vacations planned. Probably won’t help my “get more out of debt goal”, but I love my vacations, lol.

Also, staying positive that in 2011 I will also GET ENGAGED!!! SO promised we would be engaged by 8/20/11 so fingers are crossed that he holds true to his word!

Post # 4
3305 posts
Sugar bee

lol I just made this post- it was rather long so I will link you.

Plans for the New Year

Here is to us keeping our goals and hoping keeping our mind of the dreaded wait.

Post # 5
3378 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

Love keeping a positive and proactive outlook 🙂 Along with my knowledge that I’ll get engaged (and, if it happens soon enough, maybe married!) this year, I’ve set some goals for myself as well.

In 2011, I will:

• Get more organized – I’m going to try to be good about updating and using my personal calendar to keep myself on track, as well as go back to using to-do lists (I used to all the time, but for some reason just let it go a few years ago).
  • Make a work-out schedule and stick to it.  I’m not setting a goal weight, but I do want to get in better shape, and I think actually writing exercise into my schedule will help me to do that.
  • Be more proactive about research.  I’m a doctoral student, and I need to get more focused about what I want to write about for my dissertation.
  • Write more – I want to either start a blog or keep a journal to do regular non-academic writing.  I’m not just a grad student, and I need to keep connected with my personal/private life!
  • Clean our apartment more! It was really bad last semester.  I’m embarrassed to admit how long we went between cleanings – lets just say it needs to be more often.

The topic ‘HNY everyone! I’m still waiting but in 2011 I will….’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors