(Closed) Holiday proposal 2016…. whose getting engaged? :)

posted 5 years ago in Proposals
Post # 2
72 posts
Worker bee

I have a feeling mine is coming between a week Wednesday and February!

I accidentally found out he has the ring and has booked a trip away to Austria but I have no idea when the trip is booked for! It would have to be somewhere in that timeframe!

Hope it happens for you soon. Good luck x

Post # 3
2330 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2017

I read an unsubstantiated statistic once that 39% of engagements in America happen between Thanksgiving and Valentine’s Day. So you’ve got that on your side! 

Post # 4
728 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
bostonbee123 :  Ugh I so wish I could’ve gotten engaged on Christmas because it is my favorite day of the year, but I got engaged in May. I’m glad I didn’t have to wait, but it’s ok! I was super impatient and he knew it haha.

Please keep us updated! Holiday proposals are so exciting!

Post # 5
49 posts
Newbee

I’m hoping to be engaged this holiday season too! I am new to weddingbee (stalked posts for a while, but finally made an account because I am really hoping it’ll happen soon). My boyfriend and I have been together for a little over 3 years. We’ve always talked about when we would get engaged and he always said “anytime after May 2016” (when we finished college) so I’ve been patienly (not so patiently) waiting since then.

I think it’ll happen before the end of the year because he wants to get married December 2017, and I have always told him I need at least a year to plan. Sooooo, he better get on it soon haha 😉

Post # 6
59 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

We just got engaged on November 6th so it was nearly a holiday season engagement. We’ve been together for about 5 years and I’ve known that he had the ring for the last 2.5 years (it’s a family heirloom). I was getting so impatient, but now that we’re engaged I couldn’t be happier! Holiday engagement luck to all of you 🙂

Post # 7
133 posts
Blushing bee

I’m in the exact same place as you, I know it’s happening sometime after this week but before mid-January. I know he ordered the ring and that it’s on the way now, but I’m not allowed to see it until he proposes! 

Post # 8
6 posts
Newbee

Hi Bees!! I am in the same boat. My SO and I have been together just over 6 years, and I know he bought the ring this week because of the great deal he got on James Allen but, considering time for shipping that’ll put me sometime around December 7th to New Years. We’ve discussed it before and it is supposed to be before year end but, I am Soooo excited and antsy its hard to contain it. Just trying to forget the thought in my head lol

Post # 9
402 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 1969 - City, State

Me too! SO is proposing in December! So many things to look forward to next month! Squeeee! 

Post # 10
39 posts
Newbee

We ordered custom ring earlier this month and yesterday he said the ring will be finished next week. I didnt ask that question but he told me. And i think i wont ask about the ring until january ends because our anniversary is on jan 19th , so I better not ruin the proposal by questioning it.

So yeah i think it will happen on december or january 19th

Post # 11
245 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2018

I thought my fiance was going to propose during Canadian Thanksgiving (in mid October) or during Christmas.  I came home after a night shift and he proposed at 730 in the morning while I was still in scrubs.  Cutest thing ever! Can’t wait to hear about yours 🙂

Post # 12
245 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2018

I tried adding a photo but it keeps showing up sideways 🙁

Post # 13
355 posts
Helper bee

That would be a crazy amazing surprise for me. But I don’t have my hopes up because we’ve dicussed having a custom ring made but we haven’t gone to see the guy yet. I’m expecting the proposal to happen in the spring. We’ve been talking about a May 2018 wedding. Once in a while I’ll gently remind him it usually takes at least a year to plan a wedding. I worry about becoming a nag. I haven’t been on the Bee long so I’m curious how many “It happened!” posts will pop up on Dec 26th.

Post # 15
105 posts
Blushing bee

My so has the ring and said he’s going to propose before 2016 is up! so 30 days or less for me (: 

The topic ‘Holiday proposal 2016…. whose getting engaged? :)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors