(Closed) Holland Area: any ideas for florist, venue, & hotels for visitors??

posted 10 years ago in Michigan – Grand Rapids, Holland, Muskegon and Kalamazoo
Post # 3
46 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: February 2008

I’m using DoubleTree for my ceremony and reception. They throw in A LOT of stuff with their reception packages – including a bridal suite the night of the wedding for the bride and groom (complete with a fruit tray and champagne!).

I think the price on hotel rooms depends on how many rooms you intend on renting. I’m a little far out to be booking rooms yet, but we’re figuring that at 20-30 rooms they will be $100-120 a night. That might also depend on season – my wedding is in February, when there aren’t a lot of people needing hotels in the area! There’s also an America’s Best Value Inn (or something close to that name-it’s kind of unwieldly) right next door that we’re going to be reserving rooms at as well for our cheaper guests, lol.

The one bit of difficulty I’ve had with DoubleTree is that business is really beginning to pick up for them and until recently they’ve only had one wedding coordinator, which means she can take her sweet time getting back to you. She now has an assistant, so that might help her be more communicative. My wedding is also still 9 months away, so I recognize I’m not necessarily going to be her #1 priority, but I’d still like an e-mail back within a week! On the upside, once you CAN get a hold of her, she’s extremely accomodating, including doing phone calls on the weekend since with work I can’t call between 9 and 5 during the week.

Over all, I would definitely recommend going to check out DoubleTree for yourself and get copies of their wedding packages. They have three packages at different price points, but they’re also totally flexible so you can customize them to be exactly what you need. 

The topic ‘Holland Area: any ideas for florist, venue, & hotels for visitors??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors