(Closed) Home Buyer Tax Credit

posted 8 years ago in Home
Post # 3
1498 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

You’ll probably need to call the CPA you had do your taxes to get the credit in the first place.  They’ll be best able to direct you how to proceed to avoid having to pay it back.

Post # 4
120 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

why can’t you live in the house you bought?

Post # 5
3762 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

As long as you maintain that home as your primary residence for that time you are fine.  Obviously the IRS doesn’t need to know where exactly you sleep every night.  However that means you can’t sell or rent out the property though. 

The good thing is that if you do have to pay it back, I believe it is interest free. 

Post # 8
1328 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I think waiting until the 36 mos are up is the best option.  =) 

The topic ‘Home Buyer Tax Credit’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors