- 6 years ago
- Wedding: August 2013
Hi Bees! I am recently engaged and it seems like the biggest question for me will be deciding on location. I have narrowed my options down to two: GA (my hometown) and NC (where my Fiance and I just moved for jobs). Any input/advice would be helpful! Here are the pros/cons of each:
My Hometown: Georgia
- Has beautiful lakefront venues and/or antebellum homes that would be great for the reception
- My parents like this option the best (and they are paying for the majority, so their opinion does matter a little)
- My mom would help A LOT more with planning since she knows all of the vendors in the area, which I would really appreciate
- All of my relatives and more of my parents’ friends would be able to attend
- Only my FI’s family would need hotel rooms (instead of everyone)
- It is an hour and a half away from a major airport, so it would be more difficult for FI’s family and out-of-state guests to come. While all of his closest relatives would be able to make it, some more distant relatives (aunts, uncles, etc…) would probably not make the trip.
- It would be difficult to be as involved with planning since I would have to make trips home (4+ hrs by car)
- My fiancé and I just moved here a month ago, so I know NOTHING about venues or vendors. The city itself has a cool metropolitan vibe, and some friends mentioned several wineries/botanical gardens outside of the city. I’m sure I could find a good reception venue if I researched.
- I would be completely on my own for planning since we just moved (and don’t yet have friends or family in the area)
- The city has a major airport, so much easier for my FI’s family to get there
- Some of my family members (my grandfather, for instance) may not be able to make the trip since it is so far away.