Upon getting engaged I already had my wedding planned in my head, everything has been easy breezy. The one thing both my Fiancee and I are unsure of is where we want to honeymoon. We have a list of things we want and do not want, but aren’t sure exactly where we want to go or what resort. I’d love love love any advice y’all can give to assist us!!!
So here’s what we DO want:
– We want to go somewhere with a beach and Fiancee’s only request is that the water be super clear and sand is white.
– We need to go somewhere where there’s plenty of things to do (snorkeling, zip lining, things to see, hiking, etc.)
– We want to go somewhere relaxing.
– We love the idea of all-inclusive because we don’t want to have to worry about what we’re doing for each and every meal.
– While we want something relaxing and at the beach, we’re not the type of people who can just lay around for 7 days straight. We need activity.
– But in saying that…we don’t want to get back from our honeymoon and feel as though we need to take a vacation.
– I think we want to stay away from the huge resorts or places that are big cruise ports.
– No children would be an awesome plus!!
Is this possible??? Thanks in advance for any help!
It has basically everything you described, beautiful beaches, rainforests and waterfalls, zip lining, surfing etc.
There are big resorts on the island but you could also do a vacation rental from VRBO.com or Airbnb.com. That way you have privacy of your own house or apartment and could make your own meals if you wanted. Some of them even have pools.
One thing about kauai is there is basically NO night life. Unless you are staying at a big resort or find a restaurant with a bar open late, the choices are few and far between. If you want a relaxing honeymoon with alittle bit of adventure I would highly reccomend Kauai. Have fun planning!!
We’re going to the Majestic Elegance in Punta Cana. I think it meets most of your requirements. We’re doing a dune buggy tour, speed boat tour with snorkeling, and swim with dolphins. There was also zip lining there and like a horseback riding/cultural tour that we ended up not booking. It’s all inclusive at the Elegance club is adults only, but there are kids at the resort, the adults only section does have its own pool and section of the resort though.
Please allow me to recommend an all-inclusive vacation to Coco Plum Cay in Belize. Like, STRONGLY recommend. Apparently everyone else who has ever been there would like to do the same, because their reviews on TripAdvisor are unbelievably good.
The sand is white, and the water is clear and jade green. The island is tiny with only ten little huts for guests. The staff prepares three meals a day, and every single meal we had was delicious. Drinks that include locally made liquor are FREE. We took three snorkeling trips to the barrier reef, one zipline through the jungle, one tubing expedition down a river through a cave, and one trip to see Mayan ruins. We fell into bed every night around 10 o’clock feeling happy and tired but not exhausted.
If you’d like to see a video I took of the island, it’s up on YouTube. Again, I really can’t say enough good things about this place. It was like stepping into a postcard.
(Don’t watch the YouTube video posted by socalsponger06 – I don’t know what that video is, but it certainly doesn’t reflect the place where we took OUR honeymoon.)
The topic ‘Honeymoon Advice’ is closed to new replies.
Get the best wedding inspiration, advice, and more fromWeddingbee.com
Subscribe to Newsletter
I agree to receive emails from the site.
I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.
"Yes! I'd like to receive news and offers via e-mail."
(Your email address will not be sold or rented to third parties).