Post # 1
Today we’re booking our honeymoon and I just received the final costs from our travel agent. We will be spending 7 days in Turks and Caicos. We just bought a house and have new jobs, and limited amount of time and funds.
I am looking at the cost thinking, a honeymoon is a once in a lifetime vacation, but on the other hand, wow that money can be used in so many other ways…
So, if anyone doesn’t mind sharing, could you tell us how much your honeymoon will be costing, so I know if we’re in the right ballpark, or we should scale back the hotels and what not…
1. where you are going?
2. How many nights?
3. total cost with flights/hotels.
Thanks a bunch!
Post # 3
We just got back from our honeymoon!
1. Tahiti and Bora Bora
2. 10 Days
3. ~$11k for flights and hotels, interisland transfers and breakfast was included in the package
Post # 4
- Wedding: July 2007 - Rosary Chapel & Monterey Marriott, Monterey, CA
1. St. Kitts
2. 8 days/7 nights
3. Flights from CA: $1400; Hotel package with meals: $4500
Post # 5
1. Southern Carribbean Cruise
2. 8 days on the cruise 9 days total one day in Florida before
3. Airfare and Cruise and hotel all meals included about $1800.00
We did though purchase cloths new swimsuits and other excursions so we are looking at a total of about $2000.00 for EVERYTHING food and all!
Post # 6
2. 11 days/nights
3. Budget is $8k but I suspect we will come in a bit under that (we have 250 euro per day budgeted for food/activities. I dont eat THAT much!). This doesnt include the flight or three nights of hotels because we used amex points. Add those in and it would prob be more like $11k.
Post # 7
10 day cruise to the south carribbean (st. lucia, st. kitts..etc.) We did upgrade to a rather large suite, though.
$6K (just for the trip package…nothing else added in there). We are from Florida, so no airfare or hotel before.
Post # 8
7 days/7 nights in Jamaica. It’s all inclusive (airfare, a la carte dining, all activities [including golf!], airport transfers, beach butler, etc) for a little more than $5,000.
Post # 9
1. Where you are going? Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
2. How many nights? 5
3. Total cost with flights/hotels. $1800, which is for both the all-inclusive and the airfare!
The DR is really a steal, and Puerto Plata is a hidden gem (quite a bit cheaper than Punta Cana). Very few Americans go there for some reason (most of the tourists are Canadian, British or European). I highly recommend! This website, along with Tripadvisor, is extremely helpful for figuring out the best place to stay: http://www.debbiesdominicantravel.com/
For the record, we’re in the same boat as you, Ginabean, in that we’re strapped for cash, so this honeymoon destination for us was a no-brainer. I think it makes much more sense to wait until you are more financially secure to go to the expensive spots. Not to be a downer, but money troubles will last MUCH longer than the honeymoon, and there are less expensive ways to have lots of fun!
Post # 10
Wow, our honeymoon is definitely different than the norm on this post.
1. where are you going? Shawnee National Forest (staying in a private cabin)
2. How many nights? 7
3. total cost with flights/hotels – $1100.
Post # 11
1. We’re going to Turks & Caicos too! We’ll be there in November and we’re staying at the Seven Stars
2. 7 nights
3. Flights total were $780 and hotel is approx. $2,500 (I think our trip is fairly cheap b/c we’re going in the off season)
Post # 12
Where: Punta Cana – Dominican Republic
How long: 6 nights
Cost(including all inclusive hotel/flight) $1800
Watch out for Cruises. some of them seem really cheap at first, and even though all food may be included, usually drinks are not. Also the charge mandatory tips, and often have other things that cost a lot more than expected.
Post # 13
1. Jungle Bay Resort & Spa, Dominica
2. 7 nights (Jan. 2-9, 2009)
3. Flights = $2000; Romance & Adventure Package: $4000, including private jungle cottage, all food, daily spa treatments, couples massage, hikes, snorkel trips, etc.
Post # 14
Where and how long: Hawaii – Oahu 1 night, Kauai, 4 nights, Maui, 6 nights for a total of 11 nights
Cost: from flying from Newark, NJ I would say $7k (I didn’t budget spending money though)
Its hard to remember because we have been paying over time and we actually paid for our flights with either miles or vouchers so in reality its costing us more like $5500 and that includes rental cars on all islands.
Post # 15
We both like to travel a lot, so for us, the honeymoon was just another trip (one of the cheapest and shortest we’ve taken due to work schedules). We went to Yellowstone for a week, total was <$2000 since we only had hotel rooms for the first and last nights.
Post # 16
1. where you are going? We went to Spain (Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia, Seville)
2. How many nights? 2 weeks
3. total cost with flights/hotels. – Flights were about $1400, but then we got charter flights to take us from Madrid to Barcelona, a train from Barcelona to Valencia, and another charter flight from Valencia to Seville… Total including extra for flights, hotels, food, tours, etc, was about $9,000
It was TOTALLY worth it!