Post # 31
That seems high considering our trip to Europe in June is considerably less than 15k.
1. Approximate cost/budget: 5K
2. Is it all inclusive: YES
3. How many days is your trip? SEVEN
4. Where are you going? Excellence Playa Mujeres
Post # 32
Our flights are going to cost us about $7000, and it will be around $3000 for accommodation. This is because we are flying for literally 24 hours from New Zealand to Europe, and we are staying as long as possible, because its a reeeeeally long way and really expensive. Its still under $15000, and we are extremely far away from everything
Post # 33
That’s crazy! I mean I can see spending that much depending on where you’re going and how fancy your accommodations are but there’s no way that’s the average.
1. Approximate cost/budget We spent about $7500 and could have spent much less but we splurged on our flights on Emirates, nice hotels, and we did every kind of activity we wanted while we were there.
2. Is it all inclusive? No. I mean I researched and booked everything myself. The $7500 included flights to Bangkok and the other cities, hotels in 3 cities (which included breakfast and one hotel we had a private pool and some great perks), all excursions (admissions to museums, temples, a cooking class, a street food tour, day at elephant sanctuary), all food/drinks we bought there, spending money for the 2 weeks.
3. How many days is your trip? 2 weeks
4. Where are you going? We went to Thailand- Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and Krabi
Post # 34
MrsSapphire: I wish I had that kind of money to spend on a vacation! Our honeymoon was pretty darn cheap to be honest:
1. Approximate cost/budget: we spent about $1,500 total, however we stayed at a family member’s vacation home and used points for our flights. The $1,500 includes the cost of a rental car (we sprung for the convertible since flight/hotel we basically free), pet boarding, and food/booze/activities/airport transport for the trip.
2. Is it all inclusive? Nope.
3. How many days is your trip? 10 days
4. Where are you going? Sanibel, FL
Post # 35
MrsSapphire: That is FAR from typical. That’s kind of insane. That’s “let’s go to Bora Bora for 2 weeks” kind of money.
We feel weird about spending $7k on ours, but I’ll be starting medical school right after the wedding and may not be able to take a proper vacation for a while. We are staying at the Sandals in Grenada for a week in a butler room with a private pool attached to our suite.
Post # 36
Is she crazy? 15k? dont worry you can go on an amazing trip for 5k. 1. $6500 total after everything was said and done (flight 750 each = 1500, hotels= $3000, food and other between country flights = about 2000). All prices in CAD 2. No. 3. 20 days 4. We went to France – paris, nice, Marseille And then Italy – Rome, Florence, tuscanny, Pompeii
Post # 37
$15,000 is pretty extreme. We use cheapcaribbean.com to book all of our Caribbean vacations. For a nice resort, all inclusive (food and alcohol) and flight we spent about $2,500-$3,200 each vacation for both of us with an 8-10 day trip! Our honeymoon this month (getting married in 2 weeks!) was about $2300 to Mexico at a nice resort (all inclusive) for 8 days using that site too. $15,000 is way overpriced in my opinion BUT it’s not impossible depending on where you want to go. Good luck!
Post # 38
I wanted to add after totaling up excursions and such we will probably have spent about $3300 on the entire 8 day trip. 😊
Post # 39
Lol no. Our “big” honeymoon to Japan and Thailand will be about $5000 and our mini-moon to Ocean City ,MD will be about $500. We are very frugal travelers though. We’ll probably be staying in an air bnb in MD and pretty much backpacking our way through Japan and Thailand staying in a mix of hostels and hotels. I can see how if we were staying in the best hotels, flew first class and ate 5* meals the whole time that it would add up, but I have a hard time believing her “average”
1. Approximate cost/budget
2. Is it all inclusive?
Not an all inclusive “package” but budget includes all meals, travel and accomodations as well as activities.
3. How many days is your trip?
4. Where are you going?
Japan and Thailand
Post # 40
Ours is around $5k. We’ll be going to Vietnam, Laos & Thailand for 3 weeks. For $15k I would want a 2 month long trip to the other side of the world!!
Post # 41
MrsSapphire: We’re doing 2 weeks in France (4 days in Paris and 10 days in the South of France).
So far we’ve spent $7,000 on airfare, hotels, car rental. We’re hoping to keep our overall at $10,000 (which includes train tickets, food, shopping etc).
Post # 42
MrsSapphire: ours cost around £4.5k (which is around $7k). That was for 10 nights at the Gran Bahia Principe Sian Kaan in a penthouse suite, 7 nights at the Excellence Playa Mujeres in a swim-out suite (both all inclusive), private taxi transfers throughout, return flights from London, UK to Cancun, and a small amount of spending money (mainly for tips).
Post # 43
About 5k. Going to Paris and it’s not all inclusive. That 5k includes everything including airfare.
Post # 44
That seems like a pretty high average!!
We spent about 10K on our honeymoon, for 3 weeks in Portugal and Spain. We stayed in mostly 3 or 4 star hotels – so we didn’t go all out on accomodations, but we spent pretty generously on food, wine, and sightseeing.