@MrsUNClover: You’ll love it! After all this wedding planning, it will be SO relaxing. All you have to do is set foot on that ship, and you’re done. No worrying about where to eat, no worrying about transportation, no dishes, no making your own bed. 🙂
– There aren’t many outlets, so make the most of those you have (extension cords are forbidden, as are irons, hot pots, and other heating elements).
– Bring a highlighter. I know it’s silly, but it helps to mark up the schedule of activities that you might want to attend.
– On Carnival, you can bring aboard a limited amount of Soda and wine. Do it. 🙂 Saves you moolah.
– Embrace the kitch! Yes, there will be photographers stopping you. Yes, there will be calypso music. Yes, there will be tourist traps in port. Just roll with it. It’s vacation! Laugh at everything and have FUN!
– If you don’t like your table mates, ask the Maitre D to switch tables. Really. Not worth uncomfortable meals or skipping nice dinner just to avoid them. Dinner should be full of laughter and conversation.
– Order what you want. All of it. You can lose those 5 pounds when you have to cook for yourself.
– When I say order what you want, I’m really referring to the Chocolate Melting Cake. Order it. Order two. Order an extra for me and smuggle it home.
– Be kind to the staff. They work extra long days, and get abused by some passengers. They are from interesting places, and if you take a second to chat with them it can be really interesting. Also, the most fun I’ve had on cruises are the ones where I’ve formed a bond with my waiter or my room steward.
I’m jealous! We love cruising. We’re trying out an all-inclusive for our honeymoon, but we’ll cruise again in the future for sure!