(Closed) honeymoon for $1000?

posted 6 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
1474 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011 - Bent Creek Winery (Livermore, California); Reception: Family Residence (San Ramon, California)

Why not somewhere along the California coast? Like the San Diego area is great for outdoorsy people. There’s the beach and the ocean, so you could swim, surf, relax, paddleboard, kayak, etc. There’s also a lot of hiking, and a ton of other fun outdoor stuff to do. If you stay in one of the smaller beach towns (like Encinitas or Carlsbad), there’s alos a lot of amazing restaurants and shopping places. It’s a lot of fun, and I think you could do it for $1000 or less. đŸ™‚

Post # 4
1755 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

If you live in Northern OH, you could find a hotel on Lake Erie and perhaps go to Cedar Point for a day or two as well.  If you’re outdoorsy, perhaps camp at Mohican?

Post # 5
11394 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

Have you ever considered Mrytle Beach? 

From Ohio (not nothern) but from Ohio yahoo maps says its a 10 hour drive!

Post # 7
8738 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

What about heading up to Canada? Somewhere near/outside Toronto for camping and hiking?

Post # 8
5273 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2009

You will be surprised with how cheap Mexico can be! I just did a super quick search on expedia from Dayton (just picked a city in Ohio) to Cancun in June & found several all inclusive packages for a 4 night stay at or around $1000. One was even $870!

Oops SCRATCH THAT! Its per person! My apologies!

Post # 9
10714 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2012

@ORella2012: If you don’t mind small cabins you can book a 3 or 4 day cruise for under $1000 for you both and still have a little money for drinks and an excursion.

Post # 10
2820 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

Pick a national park that you can drive to & stay in a fancy hotel in a town just outside it. The rates are cheaper than staying in the park itself, and you can decide whether it’s cheaper to buy a monthly/yearly park pass, or purchase ones day-by-day. Also, check out discount websites like http://www.travelzoo.comhttp://www.hotwire.com to find out about deals that might be happening in an area you’re interested in. Also, usually if you sign up for a hotel’s “membership” program (ex. http://www.iprefer.com), you qualify for free room upgrades, so you can book & pay for the cheaper one and stay in a better one. And be sure to mention that you’ll be on your honeymoon and you’ll probably get some perks, as well! : )

Post # 11
11273 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2012

@Cappugcino: i love cedar point. great idea. 

what about taking the ferry from sandusky, ohio to peelee island.  they have camping there on the island along with other accommodations and a winery.  you can take the ferry all the way over to canada or just stay on the island.  if you took the ferry over to canada, you would be about 3.5 hours drive from toronto.

Post # 12
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2012

Just an idea, Gatlinburg TN is very nice and wouldn’t be a terrible drive for you. Pigeon Forge and Sieverville are right in the same area. You can get a small romantic cabin for pretty cheap or try Priceline for a hotel….3 STAR ONLY, sometimes you can get a room bewteen 49.00-69.00 a night.

Post # 13
187 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Northern Michigan, if you’ve never been, is absolutely beautiful and there is sooooo much to do!  I personally would recommend Sleeping Sand Dunes which was voting the most beautiful place in America in 2011 on GMA… It is absolutely breathtaking 

http://www.sleepingbeardunes.com

Also, a weekend at The Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island on Lake Huron would be a dream honeymoon, in my opinion.  If you’re not familiar with Mackinac, it is a small island where the only modes of transportation are bikes and horses.  It’s rich with beautiful beaches, historic buildings, shopping, food, everything.  And The Grand Hotel is one of the most luxurious old-fashioned hotels in the world… check it out:

http://www.grandhotel.com/?gclid=CNfDs-Xh1a0CFalgTAodykPesA

Post # 14
11 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Don’t go to Myrtle Beach, it’s cheap and not “honeymoon” material. I live in NC.. and have been there.. It’s full of people, not relaxing at all… and I just wouldn’t reccommend it.

Post # 15
6745 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2014

I wouldn’t recommend Myrtle Beach either.  Maybe Charleston.  Or OBX – isn’t that an island off the coast of NC?  Haven’t been, but heard it’s nice.

What you should really do is check out deals on websites like groupon and livingsocial.  They have getaway deals ALL the time.  Tons of all-inclusives, too so all you’ll have to spend money on is flight and if you want to add an excursion. 

Just realized the OP was 5 months ago and the wedding date was June 1.  Did you find a honeymoon??

Post # 16
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2015

Often times, if you subscribe to flash sale sites such as Groupon, LivingSocial, Beyond the Rack, etc., they have great deals for getaways. I recall at one point, they had a wedding oriented flash sales with some honeymoon destinations to Costa Rica, Mexico, even far away as Morocco. Hope this helps! 

Sealed

The topic ‘honeymoon for $1000?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors