(Closed) Honeymoon for $1500, From the Midwest? Help please!

posted 6 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
1293 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2018

@ColoroftheSky:  You can absolutely have a great Caribbean honeymoon for that price. You won’t be able to be super picky, but there are great resorts in Dominican and Cuba that I’ve been to for less than $1500/couple.

You need to check out sites like Cheap Caribbean, Sell Off Vacations, Expedia, etc. If you don’t mind booking last minute, you will get an even better deal. That could even add to the fun. You will know you’re going away, but you won’t know where.

I promise, a deal will come up. You will absolutely get to go somewhere, lol.

Post # 4
752 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I don’t think Americans can go to Cuba, unless you’re flying in from Canada or Mexico…

But I agree, you should still be able to have a Carribbean honeymoon for $1,500, especially Mexico, I would think the flights would be reasonable-or no worse than from Boston? Might only be 5 days though.

Also, check Groupon Getaways, they always have crazy good vacations to the Carribbean for cheap!

Post # 5
777 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

@ColoroftheSky:  I second the Groupon Getaways comment! We used a Groupon for our Costa Rica honeymoon. 7 nights in an oceanfront hotel was $400!

Post # 6
1293 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2018

@kmarie719:  Oh right, I forgot Americans don’t go to Cuba. What a shame. It’s so cheap!

Post # 7
10366 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

What about Chicago? Bike rides along the water, history, architecture, good food?

Post # 8
3276 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

My FH suggested Mackinac Island, MI, it’s kind of an older charm, carriage rides, boating, bike rides. You could look into that if that’s something you’re into to. 

Post # 9
752 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@BoxerLady:  The resorts look gorgeous there too! I think to go there though, you’d have to have an individual flight to another country (not just a connection), and would probably be hassled on return through customs as well.

Post # 10
6830 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

@ColoroftheSky:  Duluth, north shore, Lutsen!!!! 

Post # 12
Hostess
2999 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

CHI TOWN woot woot! It has everything you asled for – biking, history, GREAT shows, GREAT food.  You can take a tour on the chicago river while kayaking!

Post # 13
5885 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2010

We had a great time in Vegas. we dont even drink or gamble. Should be able to get cheap flights and good prices for hotels

Post # 14
604 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

@ColoroftheSky:  The point of US travel to Cuba being limited is so that we don’t support the Cuban economy…b/c ideaologically our government doesn’t agree with they way they structure theirs.  That said, Americans can go but only with special educational tours or something and they’re all expensive.

I second the Chicago suggestion for your honeymoon.  You could visit museums, go to a show or two, go to the beach and ride bikes along the lake shore!  To save money on hotels, I usually bid on them on Priceline or check out Living Social.

Post # 15
175 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

door county in WI

Post # 16
95 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

We went to Las Vegas for a week, flying out of the Midwest for about that much! It was really fun! If you like the historic/outdoor type vacations, I would suggest renting a car and driving to the Hoover Dam or Grand Canyon, which are around 1 hr and 2hrs away. We also broke the time we were there up by staying a two different hotels. For the first 4 days, we stayed at a hotel that was away from the strip, up against the red rock mountains. Then for the rest of the time, we had a hotel right on the strip. It was great!

The topic ‘Honeymoon for $1500, From the Midwest? Help please!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors