(Closed) honeymoon for $2k first week of september 2009

posted 10 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
282 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2008

You live in San Diego – go to Rocky Point. Inexpensive, pretty, great beach, most of it is outside of the "Spring Break" crowd area (who wouldn’t be there at that time of year anyway), and getting there will be super-cheap for you, being so close! Or somewhere else in Mexico… Lots of beach destinations there to choose from. The closer to home you stay, the cheaper your travel expenses will be.

Post # 4
76 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2008

We are going to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico for 4 days 3 nights…  For flight and an all inclusive resort our honeymoon is only costing us $1200.

Look into the Riu Jalisco in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico…

Post # 5
293 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2008

Hawaii is on sale-ALL the Starwood properties etc!  Also American Airlines has a special package WITH Starwood Hotels, The Princeville is my favourite, Moana Surfrider is also nice, W on sale too!

Post # 6
112 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

I definitely think you can go to Mexico and stay at an all-inclusive for that price.  What about Los Cabos?  Mazatlan?  I think Los Cabos might be more peaceful and relaxing, so I would definitely check it out.  I am getting married in Santa Barbara in September 2009 and we plan to hop over to Hawaii for 4 – 5 nights (hopefully, keep this under $2,000 total including flights, condo (not a hotel so that we can cook our own breakfast), car rental, a few excursions, etc.) and then jump on a quick 4 night cruise to Mexico (crazy cheap at less than $250 pp) and maybe cap it off with a 2 night trip to Sonoma or Las Vegas.  Let me know if you see any incredible deals and I will do the same.  Happy planning! 

Post # 7
773 posts
Busy bee

I agree to look into Mexico or the Carribean- there are LOADS of affordable all inclusives.  My fiance and I are looking at aventura spa palace in playa del carmen.

Post # 8
735 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2009

What about Napa?

Post # 9
14 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2009

I think Mexico is your best bet. We have a similar budget and getting married 9/6/09.  I’ll keep an eye out for deals and let you know if I see anything good. Let me know what you find too!  Good luck.

Post # 10
11 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 1969

The cruise to the mexican riviera through carnival is very affordable… I hear it is all inclusive minus drinks. They have 5 day or 7 day trips!  Good luck~!

Post # 11
229 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Are you still looking for a spot?  Maybe you could try to go somewhere farther north of where you are, like Canon Beach in Oregon, or maybe like Victoria, B.C.  The weather will be beautiful that time of year, and you can get quick (and probably less expensive) flights. 

Have fun!

Post # 12
218 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2009

bookit.com, i saw them on cnn and booked thru them, for 2K we are going to be in cancun for 7 days all inclusive at a 4.5 star resort (including flight)

Post # 13
60 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

I don’t know if others have had experience with the Breezes resorts, but ALL of their resorts are inexpensive.  A week in the Dominican Republic for $1800 (including food, lodging, and airfare!). 

Post # 14
290 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2008

We got married 9/6/08 and went to Cozumel, Mexico from 9/6 to 9/12. We booked the Sabor Wyndham but got upgraded to the new Aura, which is what I had hoped would happen. The hotel was absolutely beautiful, we had a swim up suite which we loved! It was all-inclusive and had no problems with getting food or drinks whenever we needed. The 24 hour room service was great, we ordered something every night. It was off season so not all the restaurants were open but it wasn’t crowded either. The only downside was that we felt the effects of the incoming hurricane that was heading towards Texas and alot of the water sports and activities were cancelled. My husband was hesitant about even going to Mexico but he is sl glad we did. He enjoyed it as much as I did. We definitely want to go back sometime with friends. The hotel was a little over $1000 and we used my dad’s airline miles for our flight so that helped out alot. We spent a little over $400 just for tipping, taxis and souveniers.

The topic ‘honeymoon for $2k first week of september 2009’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors