- 8 years ago
- Wedding: April 2013 - Pink Shell Resort
My Fiance and I have plenty of time to decide on a honeymoon, as we’re not getting married for another 10 1/2 months! But, we’ve started doing some research and it’s only making me more confused. Need your feedback! Here are the facts:
1. FI doesn’t want to go to Mexico. Don’t ask me why, as I really don’t know- but I do respect his wishes. Too bad, b/c I’ve gotten TONS of fabulous recommendations.
2. Fiance has never been out of the country- we would both LOVE to go overseas, but we are under a $3000 (max) budget. Total. That includes both of us, for everything. Airfare, accommodations, souvenirs, drinks, tips, etc. I admit I haven’t even looked at Europe because I just assume it’s way out of our price range. If I’m wrong, please chime in! We want to go somewhere for approximately 6 days/5 nights.
3. I’ve always been obsessed with Greece, but as the point listed from #2, I just assumed it’s out of my price range. But again, feel free to chime in if I’m wrong!
4. We live in Florida (on the coast), therefore we feel that a quiet, beachy honeymoon would too closely resemble our normal surroundings. Not that we don’t appreciate it! We do want to relax. I want to be able to mix with locals, check out local cuisine, explore, and I wouldn’t mind if there was a beach and pretty blue water where we go. We love to snorkel and fish and do sunset cruises, of course! It’s just that it’s not a “must”. On the flip side, we have no desire to go anywhere cold. I love Colorado, but not during ski season. I want to wear shorts and flip flops on my honeymoon!
5. I have to veto a cruise, I’m sorry. I haven’t been on one since I was about 14, but I recall the teeny, tiny (and windowless) rooms and the crowds, and the cheesy midnight buffets- and I don’t like being trapped on a boat. Fiance would LOVE to do a cruise, but me- not so much.
6. I am imagining a trip to Puerto Rico (San Juan, to be specific) would fit the bill, because it has that Latin-influenced flare and it’s safe to explore- but I just haven’t found that perfect place to stay. I want a swanky resort. Not all-inclusive, but somewhat modern with rooms that have a gigantic bathroom and a tub for two. And a private balcony/patio. And the VIP treatment with rose petals and iced champagne!You catch my drift…
So, any ideas? Suggestions? I want to take advantage of this opportunity to go somewhere really exotic, but within our price range! We want the best of both worlds- relaxation & quiet in our swanky, big room AND the option to go out and be crazy explorers! I would love, love, love to experience local markets, dance halls/clubs, and especially restaurants and feel as if I’m in another world. Is this too much to ask with a $3000 budget? You tell me!