6000-7000 : (4 votes)
    4 %
    7000-8000 : (7 votes)
    6 %
  • Post # 3
    10287 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: October 2011

You may want to add some more poll options because a lot of HM’s are much more expensive than $3K.

Our Honeymoon isn’t until next October but I have a pretty good idea of what we’ll be spending…

How much did you spend? We’ve budgeted $3,000. This will include limo transportation to and from the port (we live 3 hours away), the cruise fare (for a balcony room but we may upgrade to a suite after we see how much money we have left as the wedding gets closer), all taxes, fees and gratuities while on board and spending money.

Where did you go? Cruising to Bermuda!

When did you go? Cruise leaves 10/22/11

Do you recommend? I can’t really answer this yet, but I certainly hope so!

ETA: Sorry, when I first loaded the page the poll only went up to $3,000. Nevermind!

Post # 4
    362 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

We went to Punta Cana, Oct 26-Nov 1, it was 6 nights, 7 days, 5 star all inclusive resort for $1900 OTD from NYC. If you can find something at the end of hurricane season you’ll get a great deal!

Post # 5
    40 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: May 2011

1 week on maui, 1 week on the big island, 1 week on kauai.

Post # 6
    6998 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: February 2011

3500 -we are between cotsa rica and Punta Cana they are both equal in cost. 7 nights.

Post # 7
    2058 posts
    Buzzing bee

February 11 – 22, 2011 (have yet to go!)

Going after Holiday season, saved us a lot of money to go during non peak time.

Spending A LOT of money.

Bora Bora / Moorea – Over water bungalows.

Post # 8
    689 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

@Jerseygirl23: Do you mind sharing what resort you stayed at? We are considering Punta Cana

Post # 9
    2425 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: December 2009

We went to Sandals Royal Bahamian for 7 nights and spent about $6k on flights/spending money/resort, etc.  We had a butler level suite and loved every minute of it!  We did leave the resort twice:  once to do some shopping and once to go to Atlantis so I could go to Bobby Flay’s restaurant, Mesa Grill.

We didn’t pay for any of the bigger excursions because we preferred to just lounge around on the private island.  It was fantastic and I’d do it again.

Post # 10
    2280 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: April 2011

We’re going to spend about two weeks in Ireland, so the total will be in the ballpark of 5-6K. Gotta love EU prices.

Post # 11
    362 posts
    Helper bee

@OurWedding: We stayed at the New Husband Royal Arena, which was adjacent to New Husband Real Arena, both resorts were nice.

If you want more information you can PM me and I’ll send you the review I wrote on tripadvisor.

Post # 12
    238 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2018

How much did you spend? about $10k

Where did you go? Moorea and Bora Bora

When did you go? Late Sept.

Do you recommend? It was beautiful, but if I had to do it all over again, I would go somewhere closer and skip the 24 hours of travel on each end of the Honeymoon.  French Polynesia is a once-in-a-lifetime type trip, so I was glad I got to experience it with my hubs, but I wish the travel part was shorter – would have been so much more relaxing!

Post # 13
    687 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

We’re looking into Punta Cana or Mexico — working with a $3,000 budget but we’re going in July so prices are low then.

Post # 14
    922 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

6 nights in Maui, 6 nights in Kauai – Hawaii was amazing – can’t wait to go back!

Flights: $1900

Car: $800 (ish)

Hotel: $2600 (but we got 6 nights for free so we only paid for 6 nights)

Shopping: $1400 (we bought an $1100 piece of fine art spur of the moment)

Food/Activities: If I had to guess I would say $2,000 maybe..

Post # 16
    922 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

Just PM’d you! Hope it helps!

The topic ‘Honeymoon- How much & where?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors