4000-5000

5000-6000

6000-7000

7000-8000

• Post # 32
    672 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

Our dream honeymoon – SF to Vegas drive – would cost ca 10k, so it looks like that’s not happening unless something verrrrry interesting happens in our finances verrrrry quickly lol.

We think now we might do a drive across the top of Spain – fly into Barcelona, and head across, staying in posadas and castles and whatnot, flying out of San Sebastian. That way we will be spending very little on flights, hopefully allowing more for the fun stuff. Or maybe fly to Malaga on the south coast of Spain, and wander between Granada, Seville and Cordoba. Again, flights are short and dirt cheap. Hoping to get out on about 4k all in. Fingers crossed!

Post # 33
    3060 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: December 2010

We are spending about $5,000 or so, give or take.  We are spending a week in Aruba.

Post # 34
    140 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

I haven’t gone yet.  But all of the planning is already done. 

How much did you spend? about $9000 – the price includes our airfare and 21 days at an all-inclusive resort

Where did you go? Aruba

When did you go? Late September

Do you recommend? Technically I haven’t gone on my honeymoon yet but I have been to Aruba 3 times.  It is beautiful and incredibly fun.  The people there are so nice. The beaches are amazing – the sand is as white as snow and the ocean is crystal clear.

Post # 35
    4831 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

@hilsy85: Could you PM me info on where you stayed, flights, etc?

Fiance and I are thinking about a safari/beach Honeymoon in Africa. It really does sound like a  once in a lifetime opportunity.

Post # 36
    40 posts
    Newbee

We haven’t gone yet- but we just booked so I’m super excited!

How much did you spend? Our tickets/hotel was about 2,500

Where did you go? Kaanapali, Maui (Lahaina) staying at the Royal Lahaina

When did you go? We’re going mid-Sept

Do you recommend? We’ve been here before, so we know we’re going to love it. Maui is absolutely amazing and gorgeous! Kaanapali is close to shopping, restaurants and semi-isolated beaches.. so you still get that secluded island feel with lots to do like parasailing (whenver it’s not whale watching season) or AMAZING whale watching (which we’ve done on a dinner cruise, so awesome.) practically FREE snorkeling and plenty of sun and sand. PM me if you want more details- I’m obsessed with this location, I should just move there haha.

Post # 37
    4005 posts
    Honey bee

How much did you spend? Just about $5K with the upgraded honeymoon package

Where did you go? Excellence Riviera Maya, Mexico

When did you go? Mid-September

Do you recommend? Absolutely! Between the restarants, food, wait staff, atmosphere, the amount of activities they had going on and private areas you could get away from the activities…it was nothing short of amazing.

Post # 38
    226 posts
    Helper bee

How much did you spend? about 17k, not including meals and spending money

Where did you go?  Australia for 17 days (but 15 once you take out the flying time)

When did you go? October 3 – October 20

Do you recommend? 100 percent!!  Since this was the longest DH and I would have off for vacation for a long time, we wanted to go to one of the farthest places possible.  The trip was absolutely amazing!!  Not only are the people in Australia so friendly and laid back, but the country has so many different things to see and experience.  We did so many incredible things – climbed the Sydney Harbor Bridge, spent a few nights in the rainforest, went snokeling along the Great Barrier Reef, played with Koalas and Kangaroos, went wine tasting in Melbourne, enjoyed total luxury at Qualia on Hamilton Island.  And that was just half of the trip.  Only downside is the flight – total flying time is about 22 hours and we had to connect through LA.  But aside from that, definitely the trip of a lifetime. 

Post # 40
    4 posts
    Wannabee
    • Wedding: April 2013

Well we are doing a wedding/honeymoon on Royal Caribbean to Nassua, Bahamas.  Basically a 5 day/4 night cost us $270/per person & $200 roundtrip airfare from Atlanta, Ga.

The topic ‘Honeymoon- How much & where?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors