(Closed) Honeymoon ideas with 2500 budget?

posted 7 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
10367 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

What about Colorado? You don’t have your wedding date listed, but we rented a house in Estes Park, CO that had an amazingggggg hot tub, panoramic views, and was 10 minutes away from Rocky Mountain National Park. The house was $250 a night (but you could definitely get a smaller house for cheaper – it was a 4 bedroom house, and we didn’t need all the space – just trying to give ourselves a lot of room since we live in a 1-bedroom apartment in Boston!). We went in September, and it was perfect weather. We hiked in the day and cooked big meals together, and did the hot tub at night. Soooo relaxing and intimate. I highly recommend it!

Post # 5
155 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Oooohhh I can’t wait to see more posts for this! That is our budget too and I could also use some ideas 🙂  

Post # 6
46410 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

You don’t say what state you live in nor what time of year you will be honeymooning.

If you are from the College Station In Texas, you could easily do a honeymoon at an all- inclusive in the Dominican Republic or Cancun on your budget.

Post # 7
660 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I would say go to Mexico.  I would recommend Puerta Vallarta and get a condo for a 100 bucks a night or less for a nice place.  I go every year for my girl trips and it’s cheap!

Post # 8
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: April 2011

We’re heading to Isla Mujeres (flying into Cancun and then taking a ferry to the island) and staying at Privilege Aluxes.  We’re staying seven nights, and it was $2,000 (including airfare) for an all-inclusive Platinum Suite….a room with our own pool!

We can’t wait!

Post # 9
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Check out Costa Rica! We’re going in September which is part of the green (rainy) season. The Caribbean side has mostly sunshine. Our budget is also $2500 including airfare, meals, and excursions for 6 nights 7 days.  Check rates for airfare (on an actual airline site)for your dates. Check out The Treehouse (on the Caribbean side) and Tango Mar (on the Pacific side). Don’t look at the Honeymoon packages, just regular rates. From what I read on tripadvisor.com, the location of Tango Mar may have a few light showers in the evening and sun during most of the day. Also, we came a few hundred under budget for Tango Mar for everything. At Treehouse, closer to budget. We’re deciding between the two. Hope this helps.

Post # 13
10288 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011

Have you looked into cruises? Fiance and I are taking a 7 day cruise to Bermuda for our Honeymoon. Our total budget is 3K (includes cruise fare for both of us in a balcony cabin, all taxes/fees/gratuities, limo transportation to and from the port (we live 4 hours away) and spending money for the cruise and while in Bermuda) but if you’re from the south, you would be able to find a cruise to the Caribbean for less than what we’re paying (we’re from NY).

Post # 14
2 posts
Wannabee

@bumblebee10: we booked through expedia.  travelocity was offering similar prices as well!

Post # 15
Bee
916 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2010 - Al Cielo / La Laguna

Riviera Maya, Mexico all the way!  We stayed at the Grand Palladium and LOVED IT!

Go all inclusive because you don’t have to worry about over spending. All our guests came back amazed at how little money they did spend.  Since food, drink and everything on property was included in the trip they only spent a little bit on fun little things. I think everyone averaged out at about $30 on top of thier trip.

Post # 16
128 posts
Blushing bee

The PPs beat me to it but I was also going to suggest Mexico also. We are going to the Riviera Maya and it is costing us around $2800 (airfare, all inclusive). The resort also has a deal where you are given $1500 “resort dollars” to spend for spa treatments, tours, etc.

The topic ‘Honeymoon ideas with 2500 budget?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors