(Closed) Honeymoon in August 2010? Ideas?

posted 8 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
1135 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

What about Costa Rica? Or somewhere in Central America? Or like Rio de Janerio, Brazil?

Are you looking for something off the beaten path like adventure? Or like relaxation?

Post # 4
695 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I really love Aruba! It’s a very laid back island. I’ve only been in April, but know someone who goes every year in August (lucky!). I can’t remember if Aug is already in hurricane season, but usually in Aruba, you don’t have to worry as much as other Caribbean islands because it is close to South America and not where most hurricanes tend to track. It might be worth looking into.

Post # 5
49 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2008

I’m an August 2010 bride and we’re looking forward to a honeymoon mid-August! We are seriously considering Bali….Hawaii is one of my favorite places on earth, but my fiance thinks we should go somewhere neither of us has ever been.

A family friend suggested Bali after vacationing there herself numerous times. Bali is not only gorgeous, but it’s also very reasonable. We are still doing our homework, but with all of the pamphlets, brochures and advice she gave us it seems like an easy choice. The one “down side” if you can call it that is that it will take almost a full day of traveling to get there and back (something to factor in). This doesn’t bother me as I’m used to traveling internationally and it’s not something I care about, but for some this is a deal breaker.

I’m really excited about Bali and hope it works out, I think it’d be a great choice for our honeymoon. A major selling point was that our friend had so many amazing things to share and the American dollar is strong in Bali. We want a honeymoon we can afford and somewhere “off the beaten path” as you said… I think this choice is perfect. When are you thinking of booking? That’s the only thing we haven’t decided, was thinking ideally by April.   

Post # 6
1570 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 1996

We’ll be on our honeymoon in late July/early August 2010, and we’re going to Moorea, which is right next to Tahiti but a completely different feel. I don’t know if you’re turned off by how crowded and touristy Tahiti is or if it’s for other reasons, but Moorea is a gorgeous and more peaceful alternative, and it’s only a quick ferry ride from Tahiti.

Don’t go to Greece in August, just putting that out there if you reconsider it. We LOVED Greece last July, but everyone kept saying how smart we were to be there before the tremendous crowds hit in August when the entire country goes on vacation.

Post # 7
695 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Oooh, both Bali and Moorea are on my list of places I’d love to go. A friend of mine living in China vacations in Bali and I can’t get over how gorgeous her photos are. My Aunt and Uncle were recently in Moorea and had the most wonderful, laid back time. I should be taking notes 🙂

Post # 8
233 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I’ve heard awesome things about Thailand from friends! Good beaches, different culture, and super super cheap once you get there.

Post # 9
937 posts
Busy bee

Yes, I would stay away from Europe (including Greece) in August as it is when most people are on holiday.

We got married last August and went to Cayman Islands.  Love it so much we are going back again this June.  August is before hurricane season down there so we only a one afternoon tropical shower during our week.  It is a little warm in August but not bad.  Super clean and safe country.  As others have mentioned, I have heard great things about Bali and Moorea.  Good luck!

The topic ‘Honeymoon in August 2010? Ideas?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors