(Closed) honeymoon is booked…sandals la toc st. lucia april 2013

posted 9 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 32
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: April 2013

View original reply
@dee_white:  We are going to be there too for our honeymoon 4/22-4/27. We have honeymoon suite beachfront. I am so excited.

Post # 33
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Just got back from a week at La Toc on Saturday and it was literally the best trip i’ve ever been on! I read a LOT of reviews, and honestly, anybody who doesn’t have a good time at this resort isn’t going to have a good time anywhere. yes, there are bugs around sometimes. it’s a caribbean island. there are also a few cats, birds and a lizard or two. but our room was spotless, and aside from one bird who decided to fly in the window, critter free. We stayed in a very basic room by the main pool. we did not have a butler. we still LOVED it.

it’s beautiful, the people are wonderful, the food is between good and great depending where you go. you DO have to make reservations for La Toc restaurant and for Kimonos, but you just do it the day or day after you arrive. takes a few minutes. The Pitons restaurant is also awesome. it does fill quickly so you need to get there at about 6 (it opens at 6:30). this is no big hardship, the views from where you wait are stunning and there is a bar right there. the food is delicious and i found it to be the most beautiful and romantic of the restaurants. the breakfast buffet is huge and awesome. the drinks at the pool bar are delicious. the views are stunning.

Joe Know’s tour is an absolute blast. it’s a MUST DO! i recommend going on it early in the week. we made friends on it that we spent a lot of time with the rest of the week. I went diving twice and the dive team is awesome. my husband went golfing and he loved it. the friday night street party they have was SO FUN! tons of food, coconuts with straws in them (with or without rum!), music, performers, dancing. it’s awesome. the beach is great for swimming, warm, soft sand bottom. and the water sports they offer are super fun. we tried everything. they even have little hobie cat sailboats (you need to take a 15 minutes lesson to take those out, which they do at 2pm every day). we also did a ziplining tour that was so fun if you like some adventure.

one thing i recommend, be careful of the sun and bring more sunblock than you think you need. they charge $25 a bottle at the resort and the sun is intense. also, claim chairs at the main pool as early as you can. we always did it before breakfast. leave towels on them and nobody will mess with them.

i VERY highly recommend this resort. i only wish i could go back sometime soon!

here’s a video i took on our last morning at the resort. this was at about 8am, which is why it looks so empty!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxee3CoTSAA

Post # 34
157 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

I noticed Sandals La Toc has a lot of different types of rooms and suites, and that they seemed more affordable. Our travel agent didn’t even look into it because it says its a “Golf Resort.” Do you have to be golfers to enjoy your honeymoon there?? We are not golfers. 

Post # 35
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2012

jg, i’ve never golfed a day in my life! my husband does happen to golf, but you absolutely do not have to be into golf in any way to enjoy the resort. i hardly even saw the golf course, it’s kinda set back from everything. the place most definitely does not revolve around golf in any way, the golf course is just a nice addition for folks who want to use it. we became friends with 5 other couples over the course of the week, and out of them only two of the other guys golfed.

Post # 36
157 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

View original reply
@Jules817:  thank you!

Post # 37
71 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

How were everyone’s honeymoons in 2013 to Sandals La Toc? We are thinking of booking a Bluff Villa with pool and butler service for our honeymoon 10/27/14-11/2/14.

Post # 38
99 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Any recomendations for room selections at this resort? We are concidering the 2 story butler Villa in the Sunset Bluff section. Any pros or cons to this room? Being that its a little more expensive I just want to explore all my options first! We are going for 7 nights and cannot decide between the sunset bluffs room or one bedroom oceanfront Piton. Any suggestions? Also, there are rooms in Sunset Bluff that just have a balcony but come with a butler… is the 2 story really worth it?

View original reply
@klablo7:  Did you end up deciding on a room? Would love to know what ya went with!There are soo many room types!

Post # 39
71 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

View original reply
@CatieMack:  We havent booked yet but will be booking the butler villa. We are on a one month wedding planning break…too much stress was causing too many fights 🙂 Anyone else experience that? OYE! LOL

The topic ‘honeymoon is booked…sandals la toc st. lucia april 2013’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors