(Closed) Honeymoon October 2011

posted 8 years ago in October 2011
Post # 3
57 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Hey Month AND Day Twin!  ๐Ÿ™‚  We definitely want to go to some place warm…I think we ended up deciding to go to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic, but we have yet to set everything (need to get on that!)  

Thailand would be amazing! 

Post # 4
654 posts
Busy bee

We’re definitely doing something tropical but haven’t decided on where yet.  Have been thinking of Antigua but might go with Aruba since it’s out of the hurricane belt.

Post # 5
1991 posts
Buzzing bee

We haven’t booked it yet but we’ve decided on a Eastern Caribbean cruise with Norweigian cruise lines

Post # 6
51 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

We’re cruising too! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 7
2512 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

We don’t even know if we will have enough money to go on a honeymoon. But if so definetly somewhere warm!

Post # 8
93 posts
Worker bee

we are thinking Italy and Greece but haven’t started planning at all yet – we probably need to get on that!!

Post # 9
301 posts
Helper bee

We’re planning somewhere that has the best of both worlds: relaxing and adventure.  We love hiking and laying on the beach so we want to be able to do both.  We’re thinking St. Lucia or Hawaii, but still not completely sure.  Either way, it’ll be great! 

Post # 10
1 posts
Wannabee

We are going to St. Lucia! Just booked the flight ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 11
1684 posts
Bumble bee

We’re not taking a honeymoon right after the wedding. We have friends from Aus & NZ we’d love to spend time with & I don’t want to take a week off school, plus there’s always budget considerations – no way can we afford another 3k right after the wedding!

We’re thinking of fitting our honeymoon into my Reading Break which is in February & going somewhere all inclusive & warm – Mexico or DR most likely!

Post # 12
301 posts
Helper bee

@knedl001: Congrats on booking your flight!  Which part of St. Lucia are you going to?  I think we’re leaning towards going there but still unsure. 

Post # 13
560 posts
Busy bee

I have no idea where we are going for our honeymoon. I just told my fiance the I want a beach and all inclusive. He is planning all of the rest. I won’t know where we are going until we hop on the plane….He will just tell me what I need to pack, when to get a passport, or any vaccinations.

I figure I benefit from this too,one less thing I have to worry about. He is so excited about this, because he loves suprising me!

Post # 14
4162 posts
Honey bee

We’re going to Australia for 3 weeks, but not until December.  We’ll be renting an RV for the majority of the time, and then staying in hotels along the way.  Originally we wanted to go to New Zealand, but we have lots of friends in Australia, and there are more places that we wanted to visit.  We wish we had time to do both, but unfortunately we can’t take that much time off of work.

The reason we’re waiting for December is so that we can combine our Christmas holidays with other vacation days, so we don’t have to use up so many vacation days, and plus, who doesn’t want to get out of the crappy Alberta winters? ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 15
966 posts
Busy bee

We just started to discuss the honeymoon.  Right now we are considering a few different places. Each destination is completely different from the other.  They are:  Sedona, Napa Valley, Walt Disney World, and New England.  Anyone have any thoughts or recommendations? 

For those going to the Caribbean, are you concerned about Hurricane season?  Last year my fiancé’s friend was ran out of Bermuda two days early b/c of a hurricane, so that has us second guessing. 

The topic ‘Honeymoon October 2011’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors